FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   California (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/california-450/)
-   -   Indian Wells hotel options (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/california/1912443-indian-wells-hotel-options.html)

skitch23 Jun 3, 2018 9:52 am

Indian Wells hotel options

I need some guidance from my FT people :) We usually stay at the Homewood Suites in La Quinta but unfortunately it is sold out for points as well as cash stays.

Where would you stay alternatively? Here are my options for point stays (cash isn't an option because everything is ridiculously expensive):

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells - 20k/nt ($29/nt resort fee waived I think, not sure about parking. I'm only a Discoverist)
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert - 50k/nt
DoubleTree Palm Springs - 50k/nt
Springhill Suites Palm Desert - 30k/nt
Courtyard Palm Desert - 30k/nt
Residence Inn Palm Desert - 30k/nt

I have 230k Hilton points, 83k Marriott, 56k Hyatt and 65k Chase UR's for transferring. So if we don't stay at the Hampton or DoubleTree, I'll essentially be using up all of my points at one of the other brands for a 3 night stay.

We'll be at the tennis garden most of the day and we typically go down to La Quinta for breakfast two days and Palm Desert our last morning before heading home, so breakfast being included at any hotel is not really a selling point. We really just need two beds in clean/safe/quiet location. We're driving in from Phoenix and have a car so a few extra miles of driving isn't a total deal breaker. I just have no experience staying anywhere in the area besides Homewood & the Waldorf in La Quinta, so I'm trying to get the best value from my points.

Thanks!!

TWA884 Jun 3, 2018 2:36 pm

If you haven't already checked it, there may be some relevant information in this thread.

Need Jun 4, 2018 10:37 am

Honestly if it was me, I wouldn't use any points for any of those. The points are on the high side. Have you considered Desert Hot Spring? My wife and I stayed at the El Morocco Inn and the Tuscan Spring Inn. They have natural hot spring swimming pool. They are really nice to soak in for tired muscles after a day of tennis. Not sure about in June though... it maybe too hot.

RichardInSF Jun 4, 2018 12:52 pm

Hyatt awards include free self-parking. I suspect you will find that the Hyatt is a definite step above the Homewood Suites. But if you aren't going to use the resort facilities (there is a large pool area with a lot of stuff in it for both adults and kids) then you might not get full value for your points. It is close to the tennis area, maybe a 5-10 minute drive.

zebranz Jun 4, 2018 12:59 pm

Think the Hyatt Regency is best option for quality, pricing (based on how I value them), and location.