Wiki Posts
Search

Lake Tahoe to Yosemite - Drive Time?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Lake Tahoe to Yosemite - Drive Time?

Google Maps says 2.5 hours but I'm pretty skeptical of that. Anyone have experience with that drive?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
A few times albeit 2 decades ago and by motorcycle. Which end/side of the lake, which part of the park and which way? I always went NE side of the lake (Incline Village) via Bridgeport. I think you can get down to Lee Vining (turnoff from the eastern side of the Sierras) is just over 2 hrs. There are speed limits within the park so that slows you down getting to the valley.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
A few times albeit 2 decades ago and by motorcycle. Which end/side of the lake, which part of the park and which way? I always went NE side of the lake (Incline Village) via Bridgeport. I think you can get down to Lee Vining (turnoff from the eastern side of the Sierras) is just over 2 hrs. There are speed limits within the park so that slows you down getting to the valley.
If I decide to go to Lake Tahoe, I would be coming from Incline Village.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depends on whether you want the scenic route or not. Quickest route IIRC will be down the shore to US50, east down the hill to Carson CIty, and down US 395 to Lee Vining and west into the park. I'd give it 3 hrs to the top of the pass.

I can recommend scenic detours if you want.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Depends on whether you want the scenic route or not. Quickest route IIRC will be down the shore to US50, east down the hill to Carson CIty, and down US 395 to Lee Vining and west into the park. I'd give it 3 hrs to the top of the pass.

I can recommend scenic detours if you want.
I'm thinking about maybe 3 nights in Incline Village, 1 day driving to Yosemite, and then 3 nights/4 days in Yosemite (already have my lodging reserved here). You think that's a good plan?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's your plans are Incline Village/Tahoe area? Might get old fast depending on what you like t do (I lived there for 4 years).

If you like natural hot springs, I'd suggest staying a night in Bridgeport. There's two (ask at the USFS station south of town). Can take the scenic route via CA89(?) Monitor Pass, have lunch as the Basque restaurant in Minden/Gardnerville if it's still there. Next day, head to Bodie ("preserved" ghost town) and Mono Lake before going over to Yosemite (staying at Ahwahnee?)..
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

What's your plans are Incline Village/Tahoe area? Might get old fast depending on what you like t do (I lived there for 4 years).

If you like natural hot springs, I'd suggest staying a night in Bridgeport. There's two (ask at the USFS station south of town). Can take the scenic route via CA89(?) Monitor Pass, have lunch as the Basque restaurant in Minden/Gardnerville if it's still there. Next day, head to Bodie ("preserved" ghost town) and Mono Lake before going over to Yosemite (staying at Ahwahnee?)..
Going to stay in El Portal, got the B&B I wanted. Your plan is good but I'm not that fond of changing hotels that much. Prefer a more relaxing itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.