Yosemite conditions 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yosemite conditions 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
The Mariposa Grove of Redwoods has been switched to winter operations for the season. The Grove is closed to all vehicle traffic (including shuttle buses.) Visitors can still access the Grove on foot, parking in the South Entrance parking area. Dress for winter conditions. The Grove is under a blanket of snow with more coming mid-week.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by abmj-jr
Effective this evening, the Tioga Pass and Glacier Point Roads in Yosemite National Park will be closed due to approaching inclement weather, due to arrive tonight. This is not a seasonal closure, meaning the high roads could re-open after this storm if weather permits.

Visitors planning to enter the Park from the east over the holiday weekend or next week should plan another route.
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up closed for the season effective this week. When checking, I stumbled across the following (although the most recent data is 2013)

Tioga Pass opening & closing dates
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Agreed,

We are having a storm right now that is dumping a lot of rain in the Central Valley and is expected to leave feet of snow up higher. I would counsel folks to avoid the Sierra completely until the storm is over - except for skiers heading up for the best conditions this year. And they must carry chains.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Both Tioga and Glacier Point are now officially closed for the season.

Highway 140 outside of the park is also going to be closed in a few hours due to the risk of landslides, with a risk that Highway 41 will be closed for the same reason.

As always, the best option for current/near-term conditions is to call their information line - 209 372 0200 (press 1 then 1), or the website https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/conditions.htm (although that is updated less frequently so it's best to call)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.