FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   California (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/california-450/)
-   -   SAN T2 Access with T1 Boarding Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/california/1767447-san-t2-access-t1-boarding-pass.html)

BrianyMcBriFace May 22, 2016 2:51 am

SAN T2 Access with T1 Boarding Pass

I have a long-ish layover at SAN Terminal 1, and I'd like to check out a restaurant located in Terminal 2. From what I can tell, there is no terminal-to-terminal transportation airside, so it looks like I'll have to go through security in order to get to T2.

Will TSA at SAN let me use my T1 boarding pass to get into T2?

IceTrojan May 23, 2016 12:00 am

Originally Posted by BrianyMcBriFace (Post 26663358)
I have a long-ish layover at SAN Terminal 1, and I'd like to check out a restaurant located in Terminal 2. From what I can tell, there is no terminal-to-terminal transportation airside, so it looks like I'll have to go through security in order to get to T2.

Will TSA at SAN let me use my T1 boarding pass to get into T2?

Indeed, no airside connection between T1 and T2. However, your same-day BP will give you access to both terminals, as much of a pain as it is.

I don't know which restaurant you're looking to go to, but personally I'd make my way to either Little Italy or Liberty Station for food if I had enough time.

Madone59 May 23, 2016 9:28 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan (Post 26667265)
I don't know which restaurant you're looking to go to, but personally I'd make my way to either Little Italy or Liberty Station for food if I had enough time.

Welcome to FT BrianyMcBriFace^

I agree with Ice - if you have that much time just go to Liberty Station!

EmailKid May 26, 2016 2:49 pm

I've done it to go to United Club in the past, and never had a problem.

Before they point out that my departing flight is at the other terminal, I just say "yes, I know my flight departs from the other terminal."

kenlawdavis Jul 28, 2016 12:20 pm

San Diego airport (SAN): airside access between United Club and Southwest?

I am flying out of SAN with Southwest after a cruise. I will have about 4 hours to kill and I have UC lounge passes. I understand UC is in T2 whereas Southwest gates are in T1. Can I go airside from one to the other so as to hang out in the UC rather than the SW gate area?

teeceedee Jul 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Airside being past security? If so, no - there are shuttles between the terminals.

Ocn Vw 1K Jul 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Let me move this thread to FlyerTalk's California forum, as it is more about getting access between SAN T.1 and T.2 than specific to UA. There are many other posts about SAN airport in the California forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.

TWA884 Jul 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by kenlawdavis (Post 26982082)
I am flying out of SAN with Southwest after a cruise. I will have about 4 hours to kill and I have UC lounge passes. I understand UC is in T2 whereas Southwest gates are in T1. Can I go airside from one to the other so as to hang out in the UC rather than the SW gate area?

I've merged your message into an existing thread on this topic. The post quoted below answers your question.

TWA884
Moderator, California forum

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 26686471)
I've done it to go to United Club in the past, and never had a problem.

Before they point out that my departing flight is at the other terminal, I just say "yes, I know my flight departs from the other terminal."

EmailKid Jul 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by teeceedee (Post 26982244)
Airside being past security? If so, no - there are shuttles between the terminals.

To be clear, unless something has recently changed, shuttles are outside of security, i.e., you will have to clear security twice, once to go to UC and the other one to go to your SW flight.

Back before my UC club membership expired I did this earlier in the year.

EDIT to add:

IIRC sometimes in July UA will only allow UA access on same day as flight, but as I understand it in does not have to be only UA flights.

pseudoswede Jul 29, 2016 8:18 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 26982832)
To be clear, unless something has recently changed, shuttles are outside of security

They still are. And a real PITA to access--unless you want to transit at the Rental Car Center.

IIRC sometimes in July UA will only allow UA access on same day as flight, but as I understand it in does not have to be only UA flights.
August 18, 2016, to be exact.