Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

San Diego to Los Angeles: Scenic Route?

San Diego to Los Angeles: Scenic Route?

Old May 6, 2016, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's help. Here's just a follow-up.

We did drive along the coast from N Torrey Pines Rd to to Oceanside before jumping back on the I-5. It was a nice drive and we enjoyed it. It kind of reminded us a little bit like driving the 101 along the Oregon coast. This stretch was a lot quicker than expected too.

We did see the Surfliner and Coaster while pit stopping and driving.

We do use Waze and Google Maps for navigation. It routed us along 5 to 57 to 60. Traffic was fairly good for us around 8pm except for one slow part I think along the 57 just before exiting to 60.
Old May 7, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
If you go Friday morning and have time, I would stop in San Juan Capistrano and eat breakfast or lunch at the Ramos House Cafe.

http://www.ramoshouse.com/
Old May 8, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Except that ends them up in west la, nowhere near hacienda heights.
My recommendation would have been to stay on the 1 all the way to Seal Beach Blvd, then hop onto the 405 for about 1/2 mile to the 605. 605 to the 60.

Voila.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
My recommendation would have been to stay on the 1 all the way to Seal Beach Blvd, then hop onto the 405 for about 1/2 mile to the 605. 605 to the 60.

Voila.
I find the drive north of Crystal Cove to be very boring/suburban.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.