Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New overnight bus service between Santa Monica and San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
If you use this service, remember the roadie's mantra:
Always sleep with your feet facing the front of the bus.
JDiver likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
There was a review of a ride from San Francisco to Santa Monica in the Los Angeles Times Travel Section today, however, this article is not yet on the website (only in the print and E-Newspaper versions). Here are some highlights:
Skip LAX, nap and ride
<snip>

I wanted to see whether the comfort and convenience, never mind a good night’s sleep, were worth paying $115, more than double the cost of a one-way plane ticket.

<snip>

But mostly, the payoff was psychic. I didn’t have to arrive two hours early. I didn’t have to deal with landing at traffic-choked Los Angeles International Airport. I didn’t have to stand in line through airport security, then sit in a crowded airport lounge and listen to the endless announcements of gate changes or struggle to find a spot to charge my cellphone.

<snip>

I loved the ride in Cabin’s bed pods, which resemble sleeper cars on trains. A host/attendant greets you when you arrive and stays on the bus the entire time. Earplugs and a bottle of water were nicely laid out on my bunk too. Each cabin comes with power outlets, USB sockets and free Wi-Fi, which meant I could charge my phone and get a little work done on my laptop before dozing off.

<snip>

What did I gain? Instead of leaving San Francisco early for the airport or to start on the long drive home, I had a leisurely dinner with a friend. I saved money on parking a car in San Francisco, taking taxi or Uber rides to the airport, filling my gas tank and other hidden costs connected with driving or flying. Mostly, I found a way to take the stress out of the journey, and that was well worth the price.

<snip>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.