SAN? Terminal to Trolley airport shuttle bus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAN? Terminal to Trolley airport shuttle bus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList
I thought I would update this thread since I studied it before my most recent trip to SD and others will likely do the same. I successfully and simply used the green trolley line to get to/from the airport. Here is what I learned:

The green line trolley is served only by the "economy lot" shuttle. As far as I can tell no airport employees are familiar with getting to/from the trolley except the economy lot shuttle drivers. They were very familiar. Be careful. I used the term "green line" once and was sent to the "long term" parking shuttle which is sometimes called the "green lot." Use the term trolley not green line with the drivers.

As hockeyguy point out, there is a shelter/stop for returning to the airport near the intersection of W Palm and Admiral Boland Way. If you make the five minute walk from Middletown station and wait at this stop an economy lot driver should stop and pick you up in short order. The car rental shuttles will pass you by so don't get discouraged.

When leaving the airport. Board an "economy lot" shuttle and be sure to tell the driver you are going to the trolley. He will drop you off across the street from the shelter and you have a less than five minute walk to the Middletown station.

Once you learn how it works it's very easy and convenient.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:21 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Last week, I hopped on the "Pacific Highway" shuttle bus (it may have said "Economy Lot," too).

The driver let me know where to alight (it was roughly a five minute walk to the Middletown trolley station; come to think of it, there may have been a small logo somewhere in the front of the shuttle that said "trolley.").
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Now that the economy lot's permanently closing, any word on whether there'll still be a shuttle to the trolley station?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
Now that the economy lot's permanently closing, any word on whether there'll still be a shuttle to the trolley station?
They've updated the Economy Lot page to say its closing but the Trolley page still talks about using the Economy Lot shuttle. It seems like it would make sense to have the Rental Car shuttle make the stop for the Trolley.

https://www.san.org/to-from/Public-T...rolley-service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.