Big Sur hotels

Old Feb 3, 16, 3:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Big Sur hotels

So was thinking of spending 2 nights in Big Sur. Took a look at the hotels and they are absolutely outrageous.

Any suggestions for staying in or around this area at a reasonable cost? I'm not going to spend $800 a night.
Old Feb 3, 16, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.bigsurcamp.com/sites.html

The cabins have queen beds and linens.
Old Feb 3, 16, 8:56 am

I guess the question is if you really want to stay in Big Sur or if you are ok with staying nearby (Cambria, Carmel) which offer much more reasonable options. I went there several times without spending the night right there, and found day trips are a very good option. If you need to be there, the cabins mentioned are great, but are often booked well in advance.
Old Feb 3, 16, 9:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElDie View Post
I guess the question is if you really want to stay in Big Sur or if you are ok with staying nearby (Cambria, Carmel) which offer much more reasonable options. I went there several times without spending the night right there, and found day trips are a very good option. If you need to be there, the cabins mentioned are great, but are often booked well in advance.
Cambria was a haul. Carmel looks like a good option or maybe Monterey (lots of reasonable hotel options).
Old Feb 3, 16, 10:00 am
Community Director

I like the Hyatt Highlands Inn. It's at the north end of Big Sur. Some of the rooms have great views of the water as does the public space.
Old Feb 3, 16, 10:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
I like the Hyatt Highlands Inn. It's at the north end of Big Sur. Some of the rooms have great views of the water as does the public space.
Thanks. Amazingly, Hyatt had C&P availability with an Ocean View King. 12,500 points + $150, truly amazing.

Any idea why TripAdvisor has it ranked kind of low though:

TripAdvisor
Old Feb 3, 16, 10:18 am

Carmel Hyatt Highlands is a great hotel. rooms are cabin style ( not real
Cabins) with a fireplace and great views.
Some complain about the price and some rooms are a little tired and the noise of the route (just ask for a room high up) but it's a very special place. At night is very peaceful and you can smell the wood burning. I would definitely recommend it.
Old Feb 3, 16, 10:20 am
Community Director

Here is the FlyerTalk thread on the property. Go to the last couple pages to read recent reports.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html
Old Feb 3, 16, 10:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Great, Big Sur hotel problem solved. Thanks folks!
Old Feb 7, 16, 9:08 am

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Big Sur hotels

Highlands Inn is about 30 minutes drive to big sur. We love big sur bakery and they take reservations on their website with SeatMe platform. Otherwise we use open table for other dining. Enjoy highlands inn - we stay there whenever we are in Carmel region.
Old Feb 7, 16, 11:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Big Sur Bakery looks amazing, thanks for the recommendation.

Search this Thread