What do you think?
26/03/2016 Arrival SFO
27/03/2016 San francisco
28/03/2016 San francisco
29/03/2016 San francisco
30/03/2016 Monterey via santa cruz
31/03/2016 Morro bay
1/04/2016 Santa barbara
2/04/2016 Santa monica (chill at beach area)
3/04/2016 santa monica (drive to hollywood, beverly hills…)
4/04/2016 santa monica (universal studios)
5/04/2016 SAN DIEGO (relax)
6/04/2016 san diego (san diego zoo)
7/04/2016 palm springs (via anza borego desert)
8/04/2016 Palm springs, visit Joshua tree NP
9/04/2016 drive to ONT, flight at noon to SFO
10/04/2016 Shopping near airport+ evening flight back home
Old Jan 9, 2016, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by freddyfingers
Dear, I've updated the road trip.

What do you think?
26/03/2016 Arrival SFO
27/03/2016 San francisco
28/03/2016 San francisco
29/03/2016 San francisco
30/03/2016 Monterey via santa cruz
31/03/2016 Morro bay
1/04/2016 Santa barbara
2/04/2016 Santa monica (chill at beach area)
3/04/2016 santa monica (drive to hollywood, beverly hills…)
4/04/2016 santa monica (universal studios)
5/04/2016 SAN DIEGO (relax)
6/04/2016 san diego (san diego zoo)
7/04/2016 palm springs (via anza borego desert)
8/04/2016 Palm springs, visit Joshua tree NP
9/04/2016 drive to ONT, flight at noon to SFO
10/04/2016 Shopping near airport+ evening flight back home
I like this plan more, though I still think you may be wasting a lot of time and effort driving back and forth from Santa Monica to Universal Studios.

I would also look into flying from Palm Springs (PSP) to SFO, instead of making the drive to ONT and saving yourself some time. UA and AS fly that route nonstop, with UA coming in at $99 on that date.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
The four nights you've scheduled for San Francisco will help you and your kids adapt to the nine-hour time difference. You can do plenty of walking there.

Wildflowers are among the most spectacular sights in California's deserts. They bloom at different times depending on altitude, latitude, and climatic conditions. Your schedule will very likely give you the opportunity to see the wildflowers somewhere, but you'll have to be flexible. Sites like this will help you decide. I recommend this: block out time for a stop in the desert, but don't choose the destination until you arrive.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do you want to go to Universal Studios?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
freddyfingers

Welcome to flyer talk

Nice time to visit the deserts of California (flash floods are possible), but not to hot for you, your family and the car.

Palm Spring has little to offer kids. Even the tram is an expensive ride to an expensive dining experience and a bit of a walkabout. Near by is Palm Desert, a much better stay. Here they have the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens...well would a family visit for lots of hours. Josha Tree NP is well worth a visit. Check these out on the internet (Tripadvisor "city" things to do.

Anza Borrego is a drive thru in my opinion. Las Vegas is a several days or not at all. Cost and time of transport is just not worth it.

We like zoos and aquariums. On your trip there are lots of possibilities. SFO has several zoos and aquarium type venues. There is the Monterey Bay Aquarium (a bit tired, but well respected), Santa Barbara has a medium-small zoo, but the neighboring areas have great wineries (tell the kids to sit somewhere and write some post cards home). Anaheim is the home to Disneyland and Knotts berry Farm, as well as many other family attractions. Los Angeles has a good zoo (was not always so). Long Beach has a great Aquarium.

In San Diego there are two zoos of excellent reputation. The San Diego Zoo is a couple hundred acres and is 100 years old. It is both a magical place to visit and see upclose the animals, but also a huge botanical garden. If you go, do not miss the Elephant Odyssey, Monkey Trails and the Panda/China exhibit. There is a tour bus that takes you around the bulk of the zoo, and then acts as transportation for the rest of the day. It is a full day. The San Diego Safari Park is an ARK. Here animals run in herds. Most of the population is endangered. The vet center is the envy of most of the rest of the zoological world. This is the home of the rebirth of many animal species. Your children are old enough to understand what goes on here. Again there is a tram ride that takes you thru Africa. Other major highlights include Tiger Trails, the gorilla exhibit, the condors, Lion Country Cheetah run, and some of the shows. This too is a garden haven. Two days can be spent here to do it all. 1800 acres, with 900 developed. Even the surrounding area is endangered habitat.

Okay, now.

We will be the most of one day, in Zoebrogge. We will be coming in on a cruise ship. We will only be able to take one tour from the ship. We have narrowed our choice down to 4 of those offered. Any comment/suggestions?
1. Ghent by Canal Cruise. 4.8 hrs $90 US$ PP. I hour bus ride to Medieval Ghent. with one hour in Ghent, plus the cruise
2. Bordering Bruges. 4 hr $80 Drive countryside to Village of Damme with freetime. Drive outskirts and see windmills. Opportunity to buy chocolates. Visit Castle Loppen No entry into City walls of Bruges.
3. Ghents Belgium Chocolate- 4.8 hours $90 One hour drive to Ghent. Walking tour. Chocolate. Free time.
4. The Best of Brussels 8 hrs $153 1 3/4 hr drive. Panoramic of city. Stop Atomic Statue. At Central Station go for guided walk. Lunch included. Free time in old town, cobblestones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.