Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying early morning out of OAK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Flying early morning out of OAK

I have a flight this Friday morning at 6.05am out of Oakland. I know it's unpredictable, but will it be ok if I get to the airport at 5am? Any opinions/suggestions from people who regularly fly out of OAK?

Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Definitely fine traffic should be minimal to non exist any that early. An hr before, even with checked bags is going to be fine.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Saw this too late for you, but for people in the future remember that both terminals are connected behind security. So if one of the security lines is long, check the other terminal. Generally I find T1 (non-WN) to be quicker unless the Norwegian 787 is getting ready to leave (7pm-ish?).

To get from T2 to T1, go thru security, head upstairs, take a right, and follow the hallway past all the WN gates.

To go T1 to T2, go thru security. Just inside security up the ramp look for the Starbucks on the left. Take a hard left in front of Starbucks and follow the corridor. It's a bit hidden unless you're looking for it.

If you have some time to kill there's an interesting gallery in the hallway between the two terminals with artwork that rotates thru.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.