Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Driving/Walking to Mexico from San Diego?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Driving/Walking to Mexico from San Diego?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:44 am

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
Exclamation Too much time wasted going to/coming back from TJ

There is much more to see and do and eat in San Diego, if you do a little reading without the hassle of the Border Control.
Better beaches, sights. Animal Park, ZOO, safer, same fast food outlets, etc

I stopped going to TJ after 9/11 and don't miss it.

Take a drive up the coast Beach towns, and enjoy it more without worrying about being set up by the Police for a ticket. You will even find Mexican restaurants with good safe foods! ^

There is one thing I miss, the Bakery's, where you take a tray and thongs walk around and pick up great tasting treats of many different flavors and kinds with the sweet sugary airy crap we get here. :-::-::-:
I keep hoping I will find such a place in San Diego someday for occasional treats.

Do a SEARCH for TJ, Tijuana.
There are other strings in the past with more information.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:41 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by classy
There is one thing I miss, the Bakery's, where you take a tray and thongs walk around and pick up great tasting treats of many different flavors and kinds with the sweet sugary airy crap we get here. :-::-::-:
I keep hoping I will find such a place in San Diego someday for occasional treats.
We have said bakeries right here in Dallas, one inside El Rio Grande Supermercado Latino just a few blocks from my house, so I will go out on a limb and say there are some in SD for sure, just have to go to a Latino neighborhood

EmailKid
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by classy
There is one thing I miss, the Bakery's, where you take a tray and thongs walk around and pick up great tasting treats
You are certainly going to see more thongs walking around along the San Diego beaches than in Tijuana.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by PTravel
Personally, I wouldn't bother with Tijuana. It's a nasty border town and not, in the least, representative or typical of Mexico.
I agree, and I say that as someone who loves Mexico. It's not Tijuana is terribly unsafe. It's more that it's gritty and not that interesting. The border town effect is not a good one. Go practically anywhere else in Mexico and you'll enjoy it more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.