Wiki Posts
Search

Short term housing in Riverside, CA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Short term housing in Riverside, CA

HI,

I am relocating to Riverside, CA and looking for a furnished place to live for 1-2 weeks until I find permanent place. Looking for a moderate price place which is close to riverside with some amenities.

Do you guys have any suggestion besides residence inn, & other brand names. HOw do you get the best rates from these chains.

Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
One time I asked the desk clerk at a regular hotel what the weekly rate is, and it was $20/night off a $90/night rate (not advertised).

I've stayed at various extended stay hotels and would recommend one of those. I usually stay at Choice Hotels properties.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Depending on what area of Riverside you'll be working in, I would try to find something around the Ontario Mills shopping mall. There is that very large mall and another one just a couple of exits North on the 15.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 7:45 am

The idea of asking a hotel for a weekly rate is a good one. Also check Hotwire and Priceline (be careful of the geographic designations used in case you're picky where you might end up; in some cases you could end up far from where you want to, though you can usually find that out in advance; check sites like www.betterbidding.com). When I've checked corporate apartments, the minimum time has usually been a month, but worth checking (e.g., Oakwood chain and others). However, those are often a bargain mainly if you have more than one person and would like to cook every night. I'm thinking of a similar strategy while looking for a second home in another part of the country.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:17 pm
Yub

I used Priceline's Name Your Own Price to book stays regularly in the Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ontario areas a couple of years ago. I found that that I could get the following weekday rates fairly consistently, unless there was a special event taking place. Weekend rates should be even lower.

Marriott Riverside -- $50
San Bernardino Hilton -- $50
Ontario Airport Hilton, Doubletree, Marriott (now a Radisson) -- $43

The best rates available for these properties outside of Priceline were typically $149 and up.

At the time I had Marriott Platinum status and both of the Marriott properties would provide me with lounge access including breakfast and waive the parking charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.