Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Must Eats in San Diego for Family?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:58 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ck2003
Elizabethan desserts (cupcakes in Encinitas)
I had never heard of it before this post. And now I am a devotee. I haven't had their cupcakes yet but their cranberry scones are amazing. For cupcakes, Cupcake Love in Solana Beach is terrific.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I had never heard of it before this post. And now I am a devotee. I haven't had their cupcakes yet but their cranberry scones are amazing. For cupcakes, Cupcake Love in Solana Beach is terrific.

ooh i haven't made it to their scones yet. the cherry pie is next on my list. i'm not a fan of all the cupcakes (ho-daddy is still my fave) but i like that they come in mini sizes making it easier to try more.

I'll have to try cupcake love. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by ITRADE
Wow, its clear nobody here is a native San Diegan.

Bahia Don Bravo on La Jolla Blvd.

'nuff said.
Sounds like another good place to try. But it's so far from N. County esp. when you have to go down to la jolla. We still lack really good mexican food and chinese/asian food up here. Although Jorge's in Encinitas is pretty good.

I actually grew up in south San Diego where good mexican food/taco shops were plentiful but it's been too long since i've been there that i can no longer recommend any.

Last edited by ck2003; Feb 14, 2011 at 11:34 am
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:13 pm

I'll have to try cupcake love.
It was voted Best Cupcakes in San Diego in 2010. It's almost solely cupcakes.

We still lack really good mexican food and chinese/asian food up here. Although Jorge's in Encinitas is pretty good.
Have you tried La Especial del Norte in Leucadia? It's very simple and very authentic. It's got an extensive array of soups, in addition to the traditional offerings found at any San Diego Mexican restaurant. The sopas are ridiculously cheap.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:01 am

Elizabethan desserts (cupcakes in Encinitas)
It's moving to El Camino Real, Encinitas, and a pie shop (with savory and sweet pies) will ultimately go in the Sunshine Gardens space.

Move FAQ
Old Aug 31, 2013, 2:10 pm

Surprised I didnt see El Camino's on anyone's list. Amazing ambiance, great good and all around good time! Best mexican food ive had in SD

Also Love Isabels Cantena for breakfast, its in pacific beach. And add Snooze on the list for breakfast as well.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:58 pm

+1 vote for Bluewater Seafood Grill. Great food. Good prices. Long lines but child friendly.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I'm aware that this is an old thread but since it was recently resurrected and San Diego visitors in the future may search it out. I believe all of the fine suggestions here completely overlook the defining "signature San Diego dining experience" that is uniquely "San Diego" in it's particular style and nuances. That would be a Carne Asada Burrito from just about any local mom and pop taco shop. Extra bonus points if the shop is painted in red and orange house paint stripes. Their could be plenty of debate over which local taco shop has the best Carne Asada, but just about any of them are awesome and the the style of their entire menus are pretty consistent and somewhat uniquely "San Diego". Even Los Angeles or Tijuana Mexican food is not quite the same in style as your garden variety local mom and pop San Diego Taco Shops. It is the "must eat" that no San Diego visitor should leave without at least trying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrito#San_Diego

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.