Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

taking wife and child to SD 6/12-15 advice

Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Planning on hitting Sea World while we are there and maybe do the beach thing. Does anyone know of any deals out there. Would like to have a good time and stay somewhere nice. Thanks in advance
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:37 pm

If you're up for hitting three parks, Costco.com has a San Diego 3-for-1 pass for $99.99 for adults and $79.99 for a child (ages 3-9). The three attractions are Sea World, San Diego Zoo and San Diego Wild Animal Park.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:19 am

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Some free things to do include visiting the Seals @La Jolla cove(This is more of an evening activity), Sunset Cliffs, Mt Soledad, parking @ Mission Bay to watch the Sea World fireworks... i'm sure others have more suggestions
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I am confused-

Your post is dated June 22nd but your travel dates are 6/12-6/15?

How old is the child?

Re: "The beach thing" June is the worst month to come to san Diego - May Grey is followed by June Gloom and we usually do not see the sun until well after noon, if at all. Last night it was too cold to eat outside and we had to go inside after drinks at 5 PM. Not to be aspoiler, but last July 4th we couldn't even see the fireworks due to the low marine layer (I live at the beach).

If you are coming before July 4th, the County Fair is on and is a lot of fun.

The Cabrillo Monument is one of my favorite places. The model train museum in Balboa park is often overlooked and is fun.

The Corvette Diner in Liberty Station is always a big hit with kids (of all ages -but having a kid is a great reason to go there.)

Adjacent to Legoland (which has added a water park and aquarium - and has great ticket deals at the adjacent Costco) is the U Pick strawberry fields that are fun.

The absolute best beach in San Diego is in front of the Hotel Del Coronado. We actually drive and pay to park there so we can have easy access. Their beachfront restaurants are reasonable and convenient.

The San Diego Harbor excursion is actually worthwhile and reasonable priced. The one hour one is just long enough.

The USS Midway is interesting and worthwhile. If you like tall ships, the Martitime Museum is fun and the Star of India is well maintained.

Lots to see and do here -Have Fun
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

sorry I hit the wrong button I am coming in July...Thanks for the advice so far guys my 2 year old will enjoy the trip I am sure...I am just looking forward to getting out of Arizona during the summer
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Justinthegimp
sorry I hit the wrong button I am coming in July...Thanks for the advice so far guys my 2 year old will enjoy the trip I am sure...I am just looking forward to getting out of Arizona during the summer
Had you been there in June you would have enjoyed the shaking as we did(not).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.