Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetStar Asia Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:52 am
Original Poster

JetStar Asia Reviews?

Can anyone tell me how good or bad JetStar Asia (3K) is? I am likely flying with them in my future trip from Manila to Singapore (RT) on May 27-30.

I am asking because on our flight back to Manila, we would fly in at 10am (into T1) and then have to fly out for the rest of my trip (out of T3) at 2:30p, and the flights are on separate itineraries. So a delay could mean missing the 2nd flight all together and buying new tickets. I have the option of taking an earlier flight and arriving at 6:30am, but I would rather stay in SIN/Changhi if possible rather than waiting in MNL.

I can't seem to find many delay statistics. Or is 3.5 hours enough time ? I am not sure how busy MNL/SIN is in May and how good JetStar Asia is overall. I think for the most part, it seems SIN and Jet* seem to have a good rep for being on time for the most part. I could also just not buy the tickets now and wait till then? But I imagine the tickets being raised in price then (the tickets now are ~$190/person rt). Or I could buy an upgrade on the return trip where it will allow me to change the tickets with no change fee?

Last edited by jaesun; Feb 23, 2012 at 2:36 pm
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I've flown them about half a dozen times last year around Southeast Asia from Singapore and did not have any major delays.

There was a time when a flight was cancelled on my Taipei trip, but not only did this work out in my favor, I also got some cash back from Jet* from being rude to me on the phone.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer

There was a time when a flight was cancelled on my Taipei trip, but not only did this work out in my favor, I also got some cash back from Jet* from being rude to me on the phone.
Mind sharing how a cancelled flight worked out to be in your favour?

OP: my experiences with jetstar are similar, not much delays, I suppose 3.5 hours is safe unless something major happens.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've flown them SIN-CGK with no problems. Nicer than Air Asia in some ways, but it's been 2-3 years since I flew them last. 3.5 hour connection seems like a safe time period, but having separate tickets is always dicey.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

yeah, it seems i dont have many options on the MNL-SIN and back route, without paying alot or flying to another connection city. I think I will end up doing the 2-6am flight just to be on the safe side.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Mind sharing how a cancelled flight worked out to be in your favour?
sure...

booked a weekend trip, leaving midnight one day giving me a full day at the destination, after arriving early morning.

midnight flight cancelled, rebooked on an early afternoon flight that would make me miss a day of work.

called to reschedule with JetStar (handled by Australian call center) and was told nothing can be done, except cancelling the trip altogether and getting a refund. asked for a supervisor, and she too stuck to the same story, pretty rudely I might add.

gave up on the call center, went to the airport and the staff there had no problem changing me to the flights I wanted, no extra charge. so I sent an angry e-mail to JetStar asking why was it so difficult to handle the situation in the same manner on the phone... got no reply to explain things, just a voucher for 50 AUD...

so I got the flights I wanted in the end and $50 bux to make me shut up
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
sure...

booked a weekend trip, leaving midnight one day giving me a full day at the destination, after arriving early morning.

midnight flight cancelled, rebooked on an early afternoon flight that would make me miss a day of work.

called to reschedule with JetStar (handled by Australian call center) and was told nothing can be done, except cancelling the trip altogether and getting a refund. asked for a supervisor, and she too stuck to the same story, pretty rudely I might add.

gave up on the call center, went to the airport and the staff there had no problem changing me to the flights I wanted, no extra charge. so I sent an angry e-mail to JetStar asking why was it so difficult to handle the situation in the same manner on the phone... got no reply to explain things, just a voucher for 50 AUD...

so I got the flights I wanted in the end and $50 bux to make me shut up
I see,

I gotta agree with you that their call center's operators are sticking too much to the rules that made me think that they are robots and not humans.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:33 am

I've flown JetStar Asia many times and I only take them when they are cheapest! Vietnam domestic is very valuable. I don't consider them much better than Tiger and definately not better than Air Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.