Search

Looking for: Cheap trips ex-BOS in Y

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
Smile Looking for: Cheap trips ex-BOS in Y

Dear all,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post, but I'm looking for the cheapest options to fly from Boston to really anywhere in the US at a great price.

The idea is to find a cheap fare and spend a day or two in a city, could be anywhere in the continental US. I saw some fares on Jet Blue just opening up today for around $30 USD one way to select location.

Does anybody know of any other good deals? Ideally I'd be looking to spend no more than $100 incl. of taxes and surcharges.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver
Originally Posted by crimson2k6
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post
It isn't. Discussion section if at all.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Any way to move it over there?

Apologies!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Hi crimson2k6, fare requests are defintely not Mileage Run Deals.
Regardless of whether they are miles/status earning or not, fare requests like this do not belong on FT.
You just need to learn how/where to find them yourself!

Fare requests don't really belong anywhere on FT; I've moved this to Budget Travel, but it's still not really the purpose of FlyerTalk.

You should look in the Budget Travel forum for existing threads and tools (like farecompare.com) and other ways to search for cheap fares, as well as checking exsiting Mileage Run deals.

However as you have stated your interest in cheap, non mileage/status fares, just look for the best deals on travel booking sites and online/offline travel agents.

I hope you can find some useful threads and tools in Budget Travel and the related discussion forums on FlyerTalk.

Please read the sticky thread in Mileage Run Deals to understand that it is only for sharing deals which earn a lot of status/miles for a few cents or less per mile.:

Sticky: Welcome to the Mileage Run Forum - Important information how the MR forums work

Cheers,
BiziBB, Moderator, Mileage Run forums
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1k, AmEx Plat, Global Entry & Pre✓
Hi there crimson. Are we at the same university?

Can you spring for $200? If so, you can basically go to anywhere in California, and if you fly UA or AA you'll get DEQM!

Eastern Canada is another option for sub 100 fares. Try Toronto and Montreal!

Let me know if I can help further.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL, B6
I'm assuming, based on your post, that you aren't too concerned about miles - price is the only item of note. You should follow @JetBluecheeps on Twitter for their sales, which included last week's one-day sale, and you should subscribe to the weekly fare emails from Delta (which haven't been doing much at all lately), American (hit or miss), United (which also does twitter sales), and US Air. You can also join the $9 fare club at Spirit, and can try Southwest's Ding! download now that they fly ex-BOS. If you plan ahead, Airfarewatchdog.com and Farecompare.com can provide alerts on price drops, but if you want an aggregate weekly report on the sale weekend fares from BOS, sign up at SmarterTravel.com for their tailored emails. Good luck.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much guys, this is very helpful advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.