Wiki Posts
Search

My trekking experience in the exotic place of Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

My trekking experience in the exotic place of Vietnam

My plan for the trip in Vietnam is mainly relaxing with days on the beach. Then my girl friend and I decide to have a bit of off road trekking. Hoa Binh is the place I choose because it seems less touristy.
I book the trip with small local company Indochina Travel Land, located some where in the centre of the busy Hanoi. At first, I am a bit wonder about the quality of the services because their price is so cheap: 120 USD for the 4 days trip. But no, it was an excellent choice…
I did the 4 days trips trekking in Mai Chau. It is not a hard trek. My girl friend can do that quite well. Especially, the people are so nice, friendly and so much different from the touristy one in Sapa. We have a guide go with us and a local who prepare the meal for us. They are lovely and so much helpful.
The trekking road is very peaceful and the view is very nice. Some parts is challenging (may be because I am not very fit). I stay in the home stay of the Thai and H’mong. They are quite good. We spend a very interesting chat with the owner of the house.
I usually do the classic tour and this off track trekking give me the very different emotion. I love it.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:33 am

wow that trip sounded awesome! What were the accommodations like for each night?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noooah
wow that trip sounded awesome! What were the accommodations like for each night?
The first night I stay in a Thai hill trible village name Lac.
The second and third night I stay in also in the homestay but I do not remember the name. They are the homestay of H'mong and Tay people.
We have the blanket and sleep on the stilt house.
It is such an exotic memory!
I remember Vietnamese food!!!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:44 pm

Programs: 1K, Marriott Gold
I did a healthcare trek in Northern Vietnam this summer (Mai Chau Highlands), about 25 americans and 25 Vietnamese running clinics. It was awesome.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I am just back from the Fansipan trek (3143m high), the highest moutain in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia. It was so fun and really worth it
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
suspended?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:53 pm

Programs: 1-k spg gold
/we have spent quite some time in vietnam, the trek to fansipan starts in sapa correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.