FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Budget Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel-597/)
-   -   Boarding pass question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel/985619-boarding-pass-question.html)

First_time_flyer Aug 16, 2009 10:48 am

Boarding pass question

alanR Aug 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Which airline?

grbflyer Aug 16, 2009 5:56 pm

from my experience you can only print out both sets if you are returning within 24-48 hours.

ClimbGuy Aug 16, 2009 9:16 pm

OLCI (online checkin) time vary from airline to airline.

Based on your other posts I am gussing you are asking about your upcoming Ryan Air trip. Per Ryan Air's web site (https://www.bookryanair.com/SkySales...EN-GB&lc=EN-GB) You can check in between 15 days and 4 hours prior to depature.

While I have never traveled on Ryan Air my understand is that like most airlines you check in seperatly for each way. If your return is less then 15 days away you can check in now. If not wait until then.

First_time_flyer Aug 17, 2009 2:39 am

757DUD Aug 17, 2009 3:03 pm

More or less yes, you have to print one boarding pass for your outgoing leg and one for your incoming leg,
cheers
757DUD

Aviatrix Aug 18, 2009 12:33 am

It was my understanding that Ryanair lets you check in much earlier than other carriers. A week? Ten days? Can't remember, but it was definitely more than the usual 24-48 hours. Their web site should tell you.

And yes, if you're staying away longer than whatever their earliest check-in is then you will have to find some way of checking in while you are away (or pay their extortionate fee and check in at the desk).

Seat64A Aug 18, 2009 2:32 am

If you're flying Ryanair, as long as your return flight is within 15 days of your attempt to print a boarding pass, you can print outward and return passes at the same time. I can't understand why you're unable to, unless you missed the box which needs to be checked asking if you want to check in for your return flight, too.

EasyJet is even better in allowing boarding passes to be printed 60 days in advance of travel. I can't understand why airlines like BA will not let you do this until 24 hours in advance.

First_time_flyer Aug 18, 2009 4:10 am

farci Aug 19, 2009 3:05 am

Originally Posted by First_time_flyer (Post 12242184)
"as long as your return flight is within 15 days of your attempt to print a boarding pass"

So THAT'S where I was going wrong.. I'm going away for 7 days, so right now it's longer than 15 days until my return flight, so it would make sense that I can't print that boarding pass now.. Thank you! Ahhh.. :D

If I have already checked in to print the first boarding pass, will I be allowed to check in again to print the return as well? :rolleyes:

Yes

Seat64A Aug 19, 2009 3:40 am

"as long as your return flight is within 15 days of your attempt to print a boarding pass"

So THAT'S where I was going wrong.. I'm going away for 7 days, so right now it's longer than 15 days until my return flight, so it would make sense that I can't print that boarding pass now.. Thank you! Ahhh.. :D

If I have already checked in to print the first boarding pass, will I be allowed to check in again to print the return as well? :rolleyes:

Glad to be of help!

alanR Aug 19, 2009 6:16 am

[So THAT'S where I was going wrong.. I'm going away for 7 days, so right now it's longer than 15 days until my return flight, so it would make sense that I can't print that boarding pass now..

Coincidentally 15 days is the length of many trips with Ryanair - so unless the last thing you do before you leave for the outward flight is print off the return boarding card, you'll have to find a computer & printer at your destination to print it off or pay the boarding card "reissue" fee.

It's probably a good idea to print a number of copies of the boarding cards as sometimes they don't work and if you don't have another copy to try, well it's the boarding card "reissue" fee

First_time_flyer Aug 19, 2009 6:57 am

757DUD Aug 19, 2009 9:28 am

Originally Posted by First_time_flyer (Post 12248234)
I could print a few just incase couldn't I.. hmm, good idea ^

Thanks for the help guys :)

And after printing generate a pdf and put it in your mail account. If your boarding pass get lost, no worries

browserden Aug 24, 2009 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Seat64A (Post 12241999)
EasyJet is even better in allowing boarding passes to be printed 60 days in advance of travel. I can't understand why airlines like BA will not let you do this until 24 hours in advance.

Presumably because BA allocates seats! On short haul flights you've got the chance of the divider curtain between C and Y moving and on all flights you have the chance of an aircraft change. Although this can happen less than 24 hours out the chances are reduced.

Also other airlines don't charge you the crazy £40 boarding pass fee that Ryanair does so not having a place to print is not an issue.

I have to wonder why 'check-in' is really necessary with easyJet and Ryanair, why not just automatically email out the boarding passes after booking is complete?