Wiki Posts
Search

cheap flights to anywhere

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Question cheap flights to anywhere

Hello everyone........
I was just wondering if anyone could help me find a really cheap (under$150) weekend flight to anywhere. Since it doesn't matter to me where I go its hard for me to search for cheap fares without a destination. I just want to get away for the weekend or maybe next weekend. thanks for your help
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by naestyle24
Since it doesn't matter to me where I go its hard for me to search for cheap fares without a destination.
It's even harder to search when you don't know the origin!
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by abfab
What, and take the mystery out of it? Did nobody tell you you have to be psychic on FT?

Welcome to Flyertalk naestyle24, try out these links to start you off (just don't forget to enter your departure airport ):

http://www.farecompare.com/maps/comp...tinations.html

http://www.kayak.com/buzz
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:30 am
meligator

[QUOTE=bcmatt;11115854]What, and take the mystery out of it? Did nobody tell you you have to be psychic on FT?

Bravo for the starter tips, and pleasant attitude! I'll be checkin this thread more often, at least until I reach Elite status and really learn the game

Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:12 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by abfab
Welcome to FlyerTalk naestyle24 ! I'm afraid that while a little smirky, abfab is right that it's hard to make suggestions without knowing where you originate.

Originally Posted by meligator
Originally Posted by bcmatt
What, and take the mystery out of it? Did nobody tell you you have to be psychic on FT?
Bravo for the starter tips, and pleasant attitude! I'll be checkin this thread more often, at least until I reach Elite status and really learn the game
meligator, you will find that we have a varied group here on FT, and some are quick with a witty retort - though not all necessarily find them witty bcmatt gave a good starting point, but of course if you just want to fly cheap you could take advantage of the many weekend fares that airlines publish on their web sites, normally the week of the Saturday departure.

EmailKid
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:35 pm
meligator

Just ready the stick up here, perhaps this post should be deleted.

meligator, you will find that we have a varied group here on FT, and some are quick with a witty retort - though not all necessarily find them witty

Precisely. This one got my ^

bcmatt gave a good starting point, but of course if you just want to fly cheap you could take advantage of the many weekend fares that airlines publish on their web sites, normally the week of the Saturday departure.

EmailKid[/QUOTE]

Agreed, though I much prefer FC and Kayak due to my personal circumstances

Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:46 pm

i have to go a spec date and my fare was 289 but if i had ticked weird dates it would be 108...try the box grid at usairways.com..lots of weirdly cheap tix but they involve a 2 night stay! i need to never stay more than a night if that

ps; you have to willing to fly origin from MY area
i do not know where your home airport is but you can do FLL - DFW or FLL - EWR cheaply for this weekend.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Yea sorry I guess It would have made sense. Im comin out of VA. Either Norfolk, Newport News, even as far as Richmond.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:29 pm

Well, southwest services the following locations from Norfolk: Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Nashville, Orlando, Tampa.

you may want to consider downloading Ding! from southwest it sends you a message when they have special fairs only avaiable to ding users. The sales typically last a few hours.

Your other option is lastminute.com has something called 'Last Second Deals.' As the name suggests you can only book a few days to a week out or there abouts. The offers can include flight and hotel, if you go this route be sure to check the location of the hotel, the cheapest hotel option is almost always outside of center city which wouldn't work well if you are looking for a weekend getway.

You may want to look at Amtrak, you can go from Newport Neews to Washington for about $40-$45.

Last edited by ClimbGuy; Jan 21, 2009 at 8:17 pm
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:50 pm

I believe Southwest has Seattle as a featured destination right now. 50% off fares in/out of Seattle as long as you book by tomorrow I think it is. Not sure what it would cost from back east, but 50% is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.