Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest way to fly from Indianapolis to Fiji

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest way to fly from Indianapolis to Fiji

Hi,

We are planning on visiting Fiji during Christmas season this year. What is the best and cheapest way to get there. I see that Air Pacific flies from Los Angeles to Nadi, but I couldn't find good connections in LAX for that flight. Any other options.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
The cheapest I can find RT in ITA is $1549 for IND-NAN, which requires that 7 hour layover in LAX on the outbound . . .

The flights from LAX-NAN price at $1294 - one could try to find a separate flight to LAX from IND, but I tend to be really risk adverse to booking distinct itineraries (if the flight from IND is delayed, there's no recourse on separately ticketed trips).
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:21 am

layover at LAX

It's usually very cheap to find cheap hotel rooms via Priceline near LAX (there are a bunch of properties on Century Blvd) and overnight. They generally offer free shuttles, and you can walk to restaurants. Or, you can pick up a cheap rental car and do the LA thing -- drive (= stuck in freeway traffic). Your airfare savings should far exceed your ground costs.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Not that it's helpful, but the cheapest way to get to Fiji is to get on a crew of a cruising sailboat.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:33 pm

The cheapest way to get to Fiji is to buy a RT ticket from LA to Sydney or
Aukland ..where they permit a stopover in between. Use Fiji as your stopover.
Going directly to only Fiji will cot much more. Try Quantas or Air New Zealand
and ask about a stopover.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Frequent Flyer Miles

I'd also look into the possibility of using a friend's Frequent Flyer Miles or trading for them on Flyertalk via the Coupon Connection forum. From the sound of it, Fiji is an expensive destination, especially from Indianapolis, and it may be advantageous to use someone's miles to get there.

Having lived in Indianapolis for 2 years or so, I recognize the place as cheap for intra-U.S. travel but quite expensive for international travel. If you will have to buy a round trip to a place from LA plus another from there, I think it's very worth looking into the possibility of using (albeit an extremely high number of) miles.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:50 am

Deals on Air Pacific from Hong Kong to Nadi are pretty good at the moment due to its new service at HK. Don't know if it would be better to fly to HK than Australia from the states though. Anyway have fun in Fiji over xmas!
Old Oct 31, 2009, 8:07 pm

I love Fiji. Good time of year to go. Pay what you have to, you will love it(if you havent been before)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.