Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man - Fco - Cdg - Man

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Man - Fco - Cdg - Man

I'm trying to book flights for the above route. So far I've looked at Jet2 as the best option for MAN - FCO. However I am really struggling finding a good budget price flight from FCO - CDG and then CDG - MAN.

Everything seems to head out of London these days. It's a real pain using MAN.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm running out of time
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:37 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Vueling is EUR 37 for FCO-CDG and is a pretty nice airline. CDG-MAN is pretty much a Jet2 route and fares are as low as EUR 20, but varies a lot by date in classic Jet2 fashion. So you might have to be flexible on dates to get a cheap fare -- or take the train back from Paris.

MAN has a ton of charter and LCC flights (but I suppose many of them are round trip and unsuitable for your routing); while LHR tends to have much more expensive flights. So rather ironic that you are complaining about price from MAN, which has the cheapest fares in the UK.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
MAN is an awesome airport

If I had a choice between MAN and LHR I'd take MAN any day. It's not run by BAA so nuff said

-mrploddy
Old Apr 22, 2007, 2:45 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by mrploddy
MAN is an awesome airport

If I had a choice between MAN and LHR I'd take MAN any day. It's not run by BAA so nuff said

-mrploddy
I fly through MAN fairly often, so I've seen its good and bad points. MAN has the potential to be a great airport. It is very very mismanaged, to the point it makes me appreciate how good BAA is at managing LHR (!!!). Lots of wasted potential at MAN. I'm still waiting for CX to resume MAN-HGK service (looks like a lost cause). Meanwhile MAN must have the most Pakistani airliners on the ground of any airport in the world (I've counted half of PIA's fleet there, in plain sight).
Old Apr 22, 2007, 2:49 pm
Suspended

use skyscanner
Old Apr 22, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, DL-Gold
To find the cheapest fare you may also want to consider the smaller regional airports for each city. So for example, look at CIA in addition to FCO, and look at ORY and BVA in addition to CDG.

Note that BVA is rather far from Paris, so if you select a BVA option, so it is only likely worth it if the fare is considerably cheaper than other Paris airports.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by EWANMEBABE
use skyscanner
...or www.dohop.com
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:17 am
Suspended

this certainly does not find the cheap fares like skyscanner
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy

I'm still having problems with Rome to Paris. Vueling only fly from FCO to CDG on a Fri/Sat/Sun. I'm flying on a Wed. At the moment it looks like I have to risk RyanAir from CIA to BVA. Must admit I'd rather not - bit weary of it getting cancelled and all the other problems associated with RyanAir.

I could fly with Vueling from MXP for next to nothing to CDG but I can't get from Rome to MXP for cheap. Always a catch!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by RedKMan
I'm still having problems with Rome to Paris. Vueling only fly from FCO to CDG on a Fri/Sat/Sun. I'm flying on a Wed. !
What date are you looking for? I don't have any problems finding flights on Wednesdays from Rome to Paris with Vueling...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.