Wiki Posts
Search

Best Places to Eat in Paris for under 20 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO OP Serf
Best Places to Eat in Paris for under 20 EUR

So, the title of the thread says it all. I'll start it off with an obvious choice: L'As du Falafel in the 4eme arrondissement. Probably the best falafel I've ever had, bearing in mind I've never been to the Middle East and waaaayyyyy under the 25 EUR limit.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Just about any creperie in the city. I don't have a favorite, but the several I have eaten in I thought were all good.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
When i was a student, i used to frequent a bistro called 'Chez Clemont' - there are about 4-5 branches in Paris - though i used to visit the outlet on the Champs Elysee - it was the most 'parisienne' and the food was delicious and relatively cheap.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Anywhere with snails!

McDonald's is also good.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
there is a "chain" of restaurants called Bistro Romain and they have several across France. It has a fixed price menu that starts at 11 euros and goes up to 20 at night. The carpaccio is actually excellent. enjoy.
http://www.bistroromain.fr/restaurants/paris/
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by alanw
McDonald's is also good.
Do they have "Quarter-Pounders" in France?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:24 am
iff

Chez Gladines (30 rue des Cinq Diamants, 13th arrondissement, metro Place d'Italie or Corvisart) is a small, always crowded Basque restaurant which serves huge salads, potatoes, duck, and other tasty foods. Average about 10-15 euros.

I believe Le Rouge Vif (48 rue de Verneuil, 7th arrondissement, metro rue du Bac or RER Musée d'Orsay) has a prix fixe lunch menu for under 20 euros. Good food, friendly owner and staff.

You can also eat inexpensively (menu for 6-8 euros) at many of the Asian traiteurs, though it can take a little trial and error to find which ones are good.

Actually, it's easy to stay under 20 euros for lunch. Dinner is a different story...
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:19 am

Hippopotamus is also a chain with several 'formules' (set menus) under 20 euros. Especially good for meat.
There is 10-15 around Paris. On their website, you can find all 'formules' with prices, and directions.
http://www.hippopotamus.fr
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Léon de Bruxelles is a chain with several locations throughout Paris. They have decent mussels prepared in a variety of ways.

There is also a patisserie on the Rue St. Antoine (Marais, right by the St. Paul church) that has great sandwiches. I often stop there for breakfast and then get a sandwich - a huge variety - and stick it in my pack for lunch later.

And, call me crazy, but I love those storefront places with the hot dogs in a baguette baked with cheese!

Last edited by ILuvParis; Feb 8, 2007 at 8:36 am
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by slickalick
When i was a student, i used to frequent a bistro called 'Chez Clemont' - there are about 4-5 branches in Paris - though i used to visit the outlet on the Champs Elysee - it was the most 'parisienne' and the food was delicious and relatively cheap.
The chain has grown since you were in school. I looked over their website before visiting Paris in March and I think there were a dozen or so. I can't recall the guidebook that recommended them, but 4 of us ate there and with wine/beer/coke, it was under €100. The food was good. I don't know how authentic, but the desserts were excellent. We ate at the one nearest to Opera Garnier. The decor at Chez Clement is very interesting. I think the chandeliers were made of forks? and the walls were covered with burlap coffee bags. We appeared to be the only Americans in the place, but I would say many guests were European tourists based on the some of the conversations I could overhear.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My favorite topic - food and Paris!! Okay, I think I've answered this before, but let me give it another think: aside from the various doner kebab/falafel places (there's a really good one on the south side of the pedestrian plaza outside the Centre Pompidou) and creperies which are hot, cheap and usually pretty good, I would say a good cheap(ish) sit-down restaurant is Sel et Poivre near the Eiffel Tower across from the cinema close to the metro stop La Motte Piquet Grenelle. I think they have a couple other locations as well. Good vegetarian choices.

I just remembered that www.pagesjaunes.fr has what they claim is the most complete collection of photos of streetview Paris (and other French cities). Let me find a link.

Last edited by anonplz; Feb 14, 2007 at 9:28 am
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by thenewflesh
So, the title of the thread says it all. I'll start it off with an obvious choice: L'As du Falafel in the 4eme arrondissement. Probably the best falafel I've ever had, bearing in mind I've never been to the Middle East and waaaayyyyy under the 25 EUR limit.
This is so immensely amusing! I opened this thread about the suggest that very restaurant. It is wonderful -- especially the falafel with fried aubergine/eggplant, and I have eaten quite a lot of falafel in the Middle East in my time...

I'd add, in the same vein, that there are many good kosher North African restaurants serving delicious couscous and meat and vegetables for little money. Probably less than 25€ but perhaps not... since I was last there in 1997.

By the way, if you come to NYC, you should eat at Alibaba which does cheap and good shwarma (along with other Yemenite delights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.