Reload this Page >

asaptickets.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

asaptickets.com?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:39 am

Just following up to say.. all of our Thailand flights were in place and asaptickets.com held up their end with no problems. we were gone for 30 days and all reservations and such were as we had purchased.

no problems.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:31 pm

I dont know why do you guys have cry about the advertised price so much. They have already said they do that to compete with other travel agency and thats completely understandable.
I have recently book a ticket with ASAP. The price was unbelievable. Yeah its true that the price was not as it appears on the ad but who cares. It was still at least 400-500 USD less than Travelocity, Priceline, or Kayak offers. I got a round trip to Vietnam from Pittsburgh, PA for 1400 while other sites were 1800-1900 USD. My trip is gonna be in the high season. I was lucky to find one with that price.
When i first look at the site, it was kinda fishy. However, the price was so low so i told myself to try it out. Searched for the trip, on the ad it was 1100. Called the number and talked with an Indian woman (she talks fast but without perfect English, so it was kinda hard to understand at times). anyway, she said she has to look it up for a while. I wasnt at my house so i gave her my email and had her sent the price and flight details to me. I got the email in the afternoon, it had two option on it. one was 1400 and the other was 1500. i liked that because i could compare between the two without somebody ranting at you over the phone. i went with the 1400. It was the weekend so i waited two days to called her back. She regconized me right away as i called her. She said she would check the availability of the ticket again and will call me back. after 10 mintues, she did. She said the price gonna be 1450 because i didnt call her right away. she said the price is not guaranteed until you reserved it. It didnt change much so i went with it. During the time she process the reservation, i went on here and read you guys comments. i was a little bit skeptical after that. i went i pay for the ticket anyhow.
I got the ticket in like 5 minutes later and everything were confirmed. Im yet to take the trip but overall it was pretty good. so my advise is to just try it out yourself.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
OK,

one more post to prove that ASAP tickets sign up every once as a new user in order to bump this thread

Given all the negative feedback from legitamate posters I think that the verdict is in.

EmailKid
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by emailkid
OK,

one more post to prove that ASAP tickets sign up every once as a new user in order to bump this thread

Given all the negative feedback from legitamate posters I think that the verdict is in.

EmailKid
yeah this is one thread where i frequently see 1- 2 time posters
Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:35 pm

Emailkid is being quite negative here. Anyway, i posted the last one just to give my opinion. I kinda hate when people give negative feedback over small little things. Then when people like me see all of these negative feedbacks piled up, they got scared. Eventhough, the problem were not even as big as it had been blown out to. I agree to a certain degrees that the advertisings are deceiving and they shouldnt do that. However, the price is cheaper than any place else and they are legit. You can complain about how they trick you with the price at first but in the end you will be happy to see that the money that actually came out of your pocket was lesser than any "legit" places. To me thats all that it matters.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Briannguyen
Emailkid is being quite negative here. Anyway, i posted the last one just to give my opinion. I kinda hate when people give negative feedback over small little things. Then when people like me see all of these negative feedbacks piled up, they got scared. Eventhough, the problem were not even as big as it had been blown out to. I agree to a certain degrees that the advertisings are deceiving and they shouldnt do that. However, the price is cheaper than any place else and they are legit. You can complain about how they trick you with the price at first but in the end you will be happy to see that the money that actually came out of your pocket was lesser than any "legit" places. To me thats all that it matters.
Some of the feedback here has been quite a bit more serious than "the problem were not even as big as it had been blown out to." In my case (as is documented in this thread) I was without tickets the evening before my flight. Did I blow things out of proportion?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by ex-TWAer
I am a first time poster, and probably will not be a frequent poster, but I am a "real" person (I note this because the moderator here seems convinced that anyone posting infrequently or for the first time is either a travel vendor or shill for one, and I am neither. PM me if you want more details).
Good u had a nice experience..
The bold part is interesting for me specially in this thread..
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I am a first time poster, and probably will not be a frequent poster...
Oh well, I am glad you registered to tell us about ASAP, and gave us yet another bittersweet opportunity to say a quick welcome and good-bye.

...the moderator here seems convinced that anyone posting infrequently or for the first time is either a travel vendor or shill for one...
Depends on what they are posting about. There is another group that makes a post or two when they need an answer or other help and we never hear from them again. However, I am afraid that in this thread the moderator as well as the rest of us regulars are right in having our suspicions.

However, as you raised the issue, I'll show the respect of leveling with you: You are not a real person to us and your recommendation carried no value. This doesn't necessarily make you a shill, though you could be that, but at the very least you have no history here and we don't know if you possess enough knowledge, maturity and market savvy. You are like a stranger who might approach me downtown, volunteer a recommendation for one business, and disappear forever. That is different from a recommendation from someone who has earned our comfort, respect, and trust.

Last edited by aktchi; Mar 30, 2011 at 9:15 am
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:41 am

That's sort of funny. If a stranger came up to you and told you your pants were on fire, would you dismiss the warning because you hadn 't known him for years?

I did not make any recommendation regarding ASAPtickets.com. I merely recounted my experience -- one data point among many on this thread. I posted it because I benefited in my fare search from reading the other data points recorded here - both good and bad - and wanted to return the favor.

FYI, I worked in the airline industry for ten years and before and after that recorded ~ one million miles as a commercial flyer, so my experience in this area is good enough to qualify me to make a comment.

And please -- if the way you show people respect is by calling their views and experiences worthless, save your respect for someone else. I don't need it.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:47 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
And please -- if the way you show people respect is by calling their views and experiences worthless, save your respect for someone else. I don't need it.
ex-TWAer,

you could have shown respect by reading Terms of Service when you signed up for FlyerTalk. Apparently you did not, or you would have known that discussing moderation is not permitted.

Since you did that, I took the liberty of deleting said post.

Thanks for understanding,
EmailKid
Budget Travel moderator
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
That's sort of funny. If a stranger came up to you and told you your pants were on fire, would you dismiss the warning because you hadn 't known him for years?
Your example is disingenuous because you did not warn us of any imminent danger to us. You were more like a stranger who approaches to tell me what a good deal he got at one particular gift-shop.

However, since you asked, if a stranger did come to me implying that he knows and cares more about the temperature of my pants than I do, my own response would be to clutch my wallet and other belongings very tightly.

FYI, I worked in the airline industry for ten years and before and after that recorded ~ one million miles as a commercial flyer, so my experience in this area is good enough to qualify me to make a comment.
If that is true, you should be smart enough to realize that (1) nobody here knows if it is true or just the kind of tall tale we travelers hear from hustlers and touts at every port, and (2) your behavior is just the kind to raise red flags.

If you really want to show appreciation to FT, you should begin by participating in normal discussions, and use your flying experience to provide answers and information that do not seem to promote one particular business broadly suspected of shilling.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
Oh well, I am glad you registered to tell us about ASAP, and gave us yet another bittersweet opportunity to say a quick welcome and good-bye.

However, I am afraid that in this thread the moderator as well as the rest of us regulars are right in having our suspicions.
+1

Your example is disingenuous because you did not warn us of any imminent danger to us.
We were warned that if we did not book thru asap , we are in imminent danger of spending more money that necessary

If that is true, you should be smart enough to realize that (1) nobody here knows if it is true or just the kind of tall tale we travelers hear from hustlers and touts at every port, and (2) your behavior is just the kind to raise red flags.

If you really want to show appreciation to FT, you should begin by participating in normal discussions, and use your flying experience to provide answers and information that do not seem to promote one particular business broadly suspected of shilling.
+1
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:34 am

A tad thin-skinned, aren't you. But don't worry -- I'll find an altar somewhere else. You'll not hear from me again.

Last edited by EmailKid; Apr 4, 2011 at 1:08 pm Reason: Poor language
Old May 5, 2011, 12:48 am

It's simple logic why there is so many first time posters than usual.

If You type in google "asaptickets reviews" this is the first site what pops up, most ppl read it.. maybe 1/1000 post something, and never come since they have no reason to.
Old May 17, 2011, 7:09 am

ASAP Tickets review

Please DO NOT USE THEM. The online price just to lure customers, I ended up paying much more. A better ticket was available on Expedia for a less price. I made my reservations for 2 tickets, a domestic flight to get to a destination where I can get on an International flight. I made the booking on a Sunday and the agent said it would talk 24 hours to issue the tickets. I have emailed him several times on Sunday expressing my concern that I had not received any confirmation from the travel agency. He reassured that everything will be fine. Monday late afternoon I get a call from the agent telling that they have issued the International flight however the domestic flight was not available at the quoted price and the price had doubled. I wanted to call the credit card company and cancel the payment however the agent redid the ticket and pushed my trip 3 days and charged me another $40. I have always used expedia for my booking, but this time got tricked into their online quote. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.