Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Cheapest fare for NYC- MCO in September 2016

Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Hi, I want to visit my friends in Orlando, and I am looking for the cheapest flights. The best I could find is $196 round trip for my dates. I need to go NYC to MCO on September 13 evening or September 14 in the morning and be back in NYC September 17 evening time. Please help me to find something for good price since my budget is max $170-180.

Or maybe someone has any promo codes for Delta, AA, United or Jet Blue?

I really need your help.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
You could try Priceline bidding, but with that you don't have a choice as to time of day. Unless you could leave earlier than evening on the 13th, you'd have to only bid the 14th. Even then you could get a flight later in the day.

If you can live with the risk - www.priceline.com.

Do watch the final total though, rather than what your initial bid is. Taxes and fees are included in the last step before you actually commit to the bid.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KatieW Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by KatieW
Please help me to find something for good price since my budget is max $170-180..
FT is not a travel agent or have a secret of cheap fares
Sept 13 is not far away so you need to pay the going rate. Having fixed dates restricts your options lot.
Look at google/flights, kayak and similar on line travel sites
Old Sep 4, 2016, 6:29 pm

Katie,

Try Priceline (www.priceline.com) and select "Flights". Put in your dates.

Right now I can see an "Express Deal" for $165, with some selection of times. The risk will be whether you get a non-stop or not. With the stop they say a maximum layover of 3 hours. That bites quite a bit into a 3 or 4 day trip, but might work for you if the money is worth losing the time.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:01 am
Original Poster

I'm sorry I didn't say hello and welcome everyone after registering. I'm gonna change it now: Hello and welcome everyone. I am from Europe (Poland) and I'm glad to be here.

Thank you so much for your answer. I have never heard about priceline. That works for me.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:30 am

Katie,

Do read all the boring fine print as you go with Priceline. For one of their air ticket "Express" deals, you aren't selecting a particular flight, but rather a range of time, any major airline, and maybe a stop. Still, when every penny counts, it can work for you.

Flyertalk is one of my most favorite web sites for all sorts of information and advice. Another is www.betterbidding.com for information about deals on hotels and other travel things.

Romelle

PS - In your first post you mentioned promo codes for the airlines. Those are common for hotels, but the airlines don't seem to use them. However, if you have a trip a ways out in the future, you could use "alerts". These are available on various web sites, and you just code in your particular trip info. Then you get an email if the price happens to drop. New sites doing this crop up, and older ones fall off, but this is a short list of ones that might currently be doing it:

Kayak
FareCompare
Southwest
Yapta (lets one track specific flights)
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
Expedia
Orbitz

Last edited by Romelle; Sep 5, 2016 at 6:36 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
196.... a budget if $170-180.... if you're already spending 100+, this is only roughly 20 USD more. Not exactly too far out of budget. Like pennies.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:10 pm

I Doubt It

Originally Posted by KatieW
Hi, I want to visit my friends in Orlando, and I am looking for the cheapest flights. The best I could find is $196 round trip for my dates. I need to go NYC to MCO on September 13 evening or September 14 in the morning and be back in NYC September 17 evening time. Please help me to find something for good price since my budget is max $170-180.

Or maybe someone has any promo codes for Delta, AA, United or Jet Blue?

I really need your help.
Why did you wait so long?

I think you'll pay over $250 if lucky.

You missed last week's Jetblue cheap fares, they were half the price if you were lucky enough to get them before they were gone.

Good luck you never know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.