Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Airports with no / bad public transportation to be AVOIDED?

Airports with no / bad public transportation to be AVOIDED?

Old May 22, 20, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
SAN
Not sure I'd count SAN as having "no" public transportation. For sure. It's close enough to downtown that it's theoretically walkable (albeit a pretty long walk, so you may not want to do it if you have large bags). There's also a MTS bus line that runs between downtown and each of the two terminals, as well as an airport shuttle bus to one of the trolley stations.

However, San Diego's public transport in general (outside of the Trolley, if you're going to something near one of its stops) isn't the best. Then again, as you mention, neither is many other US cities'.

EDIT: I massively missed the context of your post. Updated now that I'm more awake. (Original text struck through for reference.)
EmailKid likes this.

Last edited by tmiw; May 22, 20 at 9:40 am
Old May 22, 20, 10:29 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
..... It's close enough to downtown that it's theoretically walkable (albeit a pretty long walk, so you may not want to do it if you have large bags). There's also a MTS bus line that runs between downtown and each of the two terminals, as well as an airport shuttle bus to one of the trolley stations.
Walkable indeed, and I've done it many, many times being a carryon only budget traveler

Mentioned in the Walk to the Airport thread.

I've walked from downtown and to/from Little Italy rail station as well as the one by the new parking garage. I've also taken the parking garage shuttle and walked from there.

Don't know if I've just been lucky, or if it really "Never Rains in (southern) California."

Search this Thread
Search Engine: