Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

TYS to Florida, Destin area in February 2019 2+ weeks

Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Felta

Looking to send my mom to see her great-grand babies. Leave from TYS travel to Destin, FL or surrounding airports. Early evening flights. Travel dates flexible. 2-3 week trip. Any airline. Looking for best price. Any ideas?
Appreciate your help in advance, Carla
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Do you know how to use ITA Matrix (http://matrix.itasoftware.com/)? It can be tricky, but I think one of the better free search engines for flights. Google flights and Kayak also good.

I'm about your mom's age, so qualified to comment on flight needs.
If she can lift it and lug it, carry-on luggage saves the risk of breakage, loss and waiting for it at the other end. Odds are good the first two in the list won't happen, but she will be impatient to get out of the airport and see those babies.

Avoid the last flight of the day. If something happens to that one, she is stuck until the next morning.

Step up from the absolute cheapest flight where you don't get to pick seats. Find her flights where she can be on the aisle and well forward. The aisle lets her get up and walk mid-flight (helps prevent blood clots). Lets her take a bathroom trip without disturbing seat mates. Well forward lets her off the plane sooner.

I don't see any non-stop flights, even via Chattanooga and Pensacola. Maybe somebody that flies in that general area is aware of something ??

You don't mention travel dates, but it would be good to stay away from the heavily traveled Christmas rush.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Allegiant flies nonstop during the summer months. If she has to fly in February, Southwest has a year-round Nashville-Panama City flight which might be easier than trying to connect through a big hub like Atlanta.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.