Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD/WAS/BTW to eastern canda

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Poster

IAD/WAS/BTW to eastern canda

my base airport is either iad or was and am planning a get away to the eastern part of canada. not sure where, but here is my question.

i've flown from my base airport and drive across the border to montreal/quebec from the burlington, vt and 1 another airport in massachusets (boston, i think or if i recal correctly). Looking to possibly fly into an airport in the usa in the north east and drive to canada and enjoy the scenery. what other airports have y'all flown into and drove to eastern canada? looking NOT to drive more than say 2 hours from the usa airport to montreal/pq.

tia!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Then you can fly to BTV, not many other options which match your criteria. SYR is a 3 hr drive to Ottawa. For the amount of trouble, probably better to fly direct into YUL.

For that matter not a lot longer to drive D.C. to Montreal than it would be to get to the airport, fly to BTV (probably via EWR I'm guessing), getting a car and driving two hours across a potentially busy land crossing explaining what you did and why, also entering Canada with a rental car which can sometimes be troublesome.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
BUF for Toronto, SYR for Ottawa, BVT to Montreal

Don't forget to look at pricing into YTZ vs YYZ. Not entirely eastern but Detroit is an underrated town and one can easily drive into Windsor.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Beginning at the end of August, UA is scheduled to start IAD-PBG nonstop service. You can't get much closer to Montreal than PBG.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You can fly to Bangor, ME and be in New Brunswick in about 2 hours. St Andrews is a really nice town about 15-20 minutes across the border. That is the closest US airport to the Maritime provinces.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:58 am
Original Poster

not sure if i replied, but ended up flying on jetblue...was/bdl/was. got a car at bdl (was a challenger and pretty decent on the mileage...) and drove to the campsite where i was for 2 nights...then a drive up to montreal where i was based for 4 nights....even did a day trip to petit champlain....overall a good trip, imo...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.