Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL or EWR to Italy

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

PHL or EWR to Italy

First time posting on here... I'm traveling to Brescia, Italy (just outside of Milan) for a wedding in August. Wondering if there were any tips or knowledge of deals on airfare to get to and from. Not to picky of where in Italy we land and take off. Was looking into Rome and/or Milan, but if there are cheaper options, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for the tips! If you've been and have some pointers of must sees and must nots, please feel free to post as well.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by milzy26
First time posting on here... I'm traveling to Brescia, Italy (just outside of Milan) for a wedding in August. Wondering if there were any tips or knowledge of deals on airfare to get to and from. Not to picky of where in Italy we land and take off. Was looking into Rome and/or Milan, but if there are cheaper options, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for the tips! If you've been and have some pointers of must sees and must nots, please feel free to post as well.
Sadly, August is still the peak travel season, so fares may still be high.

Short of a mistake fare, which do not happen very often, I would suggest looking into Norwegian Air, then IcelandAir or WOW, they usuallly have no frills fares - which means everything including seat selection and luggage is extra.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
You've got a little time. You might look at putting in "alerts". These are postings to web sites that will email you if they detect a price drop in airfare. You can search on the term. I'll copy my list below, but haven't used it for a while. You may find some no longer work, and a search will undoubtedly give you some new ones. Still - it is a start.

Some sites are easier to set up than others for one's particular situation. Some are just plain annoying. If one is frustrating you, just move on because there are quite a few available. I'd suggest setting at least 3 sites. They function differently and one can pick up something the others miss.

Kayak
FareCompare
Yapta
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
Expedia
Orbitz

As EmailKid noted, August is peak travel season. If you stumble upon anything under $1000, probably good to just grab it. And don't look back. In any case, a good idea to not wait any closer than a couple months to your travel date. Fares usually just go up from then on.
Old May 15, 2018, 4:41 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Romelle

I'll copy my list below, but haven't used it for a while. You may find some no longer work, and a search will undoubtedly give you some new ones.
Missed an important one, Google Flights.

One great feature is the explore function - you select departure airport, and you can see on a map nearby cities - that may or may not have lower prices.
Old May 15, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Missed an important one, Google Flights.
Thank you EmailKid from me also!

I've found I also often gain something on this site when I'm trying to help somebody else. I just added Google Flights to my old list. Oops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.