Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

What's the best way for finding cheap airfare for a totally inflexible traveller?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the best way for finding cheap airfare for a totally inflexible traveller?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club

I'm a totally inflexible traveller, which means:

- All trips are usually known in advance (usually a month, sometimes up to two months)
- Once booked, no changes or refunds are allowed
- The origin and destinations are fixed, only a set of nearby airports are allowed (for example, if I live between HKG and SZX and need to go near PEK, I must, under any circumstances, take a direct HKG/SZX to PEK flight)
- The timing is fixed, requiring to depart and arrive on the exact day, sometimes in the accuracy within hours.
- The routing is nearly fixed, only allowing very small variance along the most direct route.
- The flight selection is mostly fixed, only allowing a very specific set of flights in accordance to the above criteria.

What's the best way to get cheap airfare / good deals for a designated flight?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Originally Posted by miklcct

- All trips are usually known in advance (usually a month, sometimes up to two months)
- Once booked, no changes or refunds are allowed
- The origin and destinations are fixed, only a set of nearby airports are allowed (for example, if I live between HKG and SZX and need to go near PEK, I must, under any circumstances, take a direct HKG/SZX to PEK flight)
- The timing is fixed, requiring to depart and arrive on the exact day, sometimes in the accuracy within hours.
- The routing is nearly fixed, only allowing very small variance along the most direct route.
- The flight selection is mostly fixed, only allowing a very specific set of flights in accordance to the above criteria.

With those requirements, have you looked into sharing a private plane?

Safe travels...
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:10 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by miklcct

<snip>

I suspect you are asking in the wrong forum.

Budget Travelers tend to either have flexible dates or are able to plan way in advance.

Given your travel plans, I would suggest asking in China forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.