Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to search for hotels across multiple programs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

How to search for hotels across multiple programs

I've been collecting credit card points and loyalty points for almost a year now, but I'm still very new and green when it comes to redemptions.

I'm looking to spend 3 nights in Dublin, Ireland in early December, and have already booked a flight. We're traveling with a group and would like to find a hotel that all of us can stay at, but I want to pre-filter it down to hotels that I can redeem my points at.

Is there an efficient way to go about this search? I have URs, MRs, SPG Starpoints, and IHG points that I could use for this trip. I've checked SPG and found a seemingly good option, although the price is a little high for the rest of the group that don't have SPG Starpoints (12k starpoints/night or 294 Euro on spg.com) and IHG doesn't have any hotels in the Dublin area that appear to be points eligible.

My more specific question is: How can I check if the 3 boutique hotels that my brother's already identified as his top chocies (The Dean Dublin, Stauntons on the Green, and Albany House) participate in any loyalty/rewards programs?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I wasn't really sure where to ask as I'm still very new to the redemption side of this game.

Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:18 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Mancolt

My more specific question is: How can I check if the 3 boutique hotels that my brother's already identified as his top chocies (The Dean Dublin, Stauntons on the Green, and Albany House) participate in any loyalty/rewards programs?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I wasn't really sure where to ask as I'm still very new to the redemption side of this game.
Budget Travel and boutique hotels are definitely NOT in the same category.

It's past my bedtime, but I'll see if I can figure out where to move your post tomorrow (PMs with suggestions welcome). Right now I'm thinking Luxury Hotels thread.

As far as checking if your brother's choice hotels participate in a loyalty/rewards program, I'd start with each hotel's web site @:-) There is a sorta kinda program for upper end boutique hotels, but it's not like SPG or others like it, i.e. fewer perks.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:02 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
AwardMapper.com perhaps...?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Budget Travel and boutique hotels are definitely NOT in the same category.

It's past my bedtime, but I'll see if I can figure out where to move your post tomorrow (PMs with suggestions welcome). Right now I'm thinking Luxury Hotels thread.

As far as checking if your brother's choice hotels participate in a loyalty/rewards program, I'd start with each hotel's web site @:-) There is a sorta kinda program for upper end boutique hotels, but it's not like SPG or others like it, i.e. fewer perks.
Yeah sorry, I guess I should have clarified that I'm not sure how he came up with that list, but I don't think he's wedded to the idea of boutique hotels. We were actually just looking for the cheapest options in the Temple Bar neighborhood, and those 3 seemed affordable. I guess anything around $200-$250/night, given that there seemed to be plenty of options far beyond that.

But I didn't think about the fact that what's budget to some is not to others. We just aren't prioritizing luxury, more convenience and location and hoping to get those at the best price point possible.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How big is the group? Can you negotiate some special rate?

BTW, I'd suggest moving this to the Ireland subforum as folks there might know these particular hotels or be able to suggest affordable substitutes in the desired neighborhood, which BTW isn't where I would want to stay in Dublin as it's likely to be noisy and congested, especially around the time the bars close. You can walk to the area from the green or the area around Trinity College.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.