Community
Wiki Posts
Search

parking at a hotel for free?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

parking at a hotel for free?

Has anyone parked at hotels without staying there and leaving your the car for 2-3 days without getting in trouble ? if so what hotels do u use? I'm thinking ill be using a high traffic hotel so hopefully they don't notice my car!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
This is a very context-specific question. Many hotels near airports offer parking deals. Many check their clients' license plates nightly.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Some hotels near airports have specific programs allowing one to book just one night before or after a flight that also include some length of free parking.

I've used the service in Portland, OR. I searched on "portland park sleep fly" and found THIS. One of these even included up to 30 days of parking. Another had a "Parking Only" rate of $11 per day.

I know I'm not specifically answering your question. But maybe including a hotel night before or after your "...2-3 days" might be useful to you?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1 - interesting, thanks Romelle! seems there are interesting new online things/apps relating to parking as well. i have seen things advertised such as a credit for first time users of an app. if parking is super cheap, credit may be able to last a while. or referral credits etc.

2 - addressing OP, rather than Romelle's legal alternative >
the answer to these questions is always yes. this kind of discussion is not public.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 23, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by Romelle
Some hotels near airports have specific programs allowing one to book just one night before or after a flight that also include some length of free parking.

I've used the service in Portland, OR. I searched on "portland park sleep fly" and found THIS. One of these even included up to 30 days of parking. Another had a "Parking Only" rate of $11 per day.

I know I'm not specifically answering your question. But maybe including a hotel night before or after your "...2-3 days" might be useful to you?
For the record, nothing in my above response is to be construed as supporting bribery or ignoring rules or any such behavior. Every little such act is a tiny move down a slippery slope toward corruption/anarchy in a country.

My intent was to suggest some ethical respectful-of-property-ownership means for OP to resolve his/her issue.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

uh, i did not say any of that?

i pointed out that people commit illegal etc acts, and do not discuss such acts here.

the obvious answer is yes one can commit various illegal acts. most people choose not to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.