Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Find Flights Up to 80% OFF

Find Flights Up to 80% OFF

Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Arrow Find Flights Up to 80% OFF

Before mods get riled up, I'm not here to advertise anything and I won't post any links on this thread. While this may be my first post, I can assure you I've been a member for a long time. However, I didn't contribute much to the community but I did learn a lot. I used FT (and a couple of other forums) for deals, travel related questions and more.

So for the last couple of years I've been very fortunate because I've figured out some ways to get REALLY cheap flights. However, this process was long and arduous. I always thought I would make this big post explaining exactly how to do it, but honestly, I think most people would lose me by the first paragraph. And it just took too much time. I managed to find crazy deals like $200 RT from NYC to Europe, under $200 RT to Dubai, $350 RT to Indonesia and many many more. My girlfriend and I used this time to start our travel YouTube channel (which once again I won't link to because then everyone will think I'm just here to promote that), gain some film production experience and just share adventures while we're young.

Anyhow, for a year now, I've been working on an app that would automate my flight finding process which would not only save me some time but also anyone else who is looking for cheap deals. Well I'm super excited to say it, but it's very much close to completion! :-:

So why am I bothering anyone? Well, I really wanted to give back to the communities that helped me get started with travel. For now, the app is still being worked on and being tested. Only a handful of close friends know about its existence. Soon, it will be available for everyone (for free!) but I wanted to give an opportunity to a few members to access it now. I really don't expect or want anything in return and there's no catch.

So anyone with an iPhone device (sorry for now Android users) may PM me saying "I want it" and I will send you the download link. This is available for the first 15 people only. Once we're ready to support all of you beautiful people, I will let you know! ^

BIG UPDATE: We've gotten great feedback (thanks all those that were the test bunnies) and while trying to keep it a secret it has started to spread really fast. As far as we can tell it seems to be able to handle a good amount of users so I am pleased to announce that we are releasing it to the public!

You can now download the app for free on the app store! It's called ScoreTrip. You can read more about it on the app store or scoretrip.com. However here's the quick summary:

Let's face it, if you know where you want to go and what dates, there's a million apps out there that will help you find flights. This app is different.
Here's how it works. Type in your airport and with one click the app starts crawling millions of flights and then analyzes and scores each one based on how good the actual deal is. In just seconds you'll feast your eyes on ridiculous deals available right now! You don't need to know when or where you want to go.

Not only that, you can go further and add filters to narrow down the results. These personalized filters allow you to find your next spontaneous adventure even quicker. Hate the cold? Turn on the warmth filter. Want to go somewhere safe? Turn on the safety filter. Want to save some money while there? Turn on the cost of stay filter. You can also arrange these filters in order of importance. All these filters will effect the scores of your flights, meaning the top scoring flight is actually your perfect flight!

In 2 minutes, you can find an incredibly cheap flight to somewhere you've never would've been able to go otherwise. If you're open to adventures, I think you'll love the app.

UPDATE 2: The app started spreading so fast that we had to remove it from sale on the App Store. Typically, this would be a great thing, but our servers couldn't handle the load. We are working to fix this, so hopefully it's up soon! Sorry about the inconvenience.

Last edited by snappyjones; Nov 4, 2016 at 7:23 am
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

And if you're skeptical of my good intentions, as you rightfully should be, I'll ask the first person who tests it out to leave a message here giving it a thumbs up or down.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Quick questions - which markets (i.e. US, Europe, Asia etc.) is this for and which cabin service?

Are you the sole developer of this app/program?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
I am still sceptical yet I am willing to test it out for you and give feedback on bugs etc.

I really wonder how this works. Might it be some kind of automated fuel dumping tool? Because in that case I really think you should never ever publicize it. All the tricks would be killed very quickly. And it doesn't really work very well in any case.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

@bo1953 This is available and useful for every country. Yes, I am the creator of the app. Nearly all the deals are for regular cabins.

@Bakpapier invite sent.

2/15 invites sent!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:52 am
Original Poster

4/15 sent. Unfortunately, after sending 1 message today it says my private message limit has been reached for today. Hopefully, some of the people that have received the link can vouch for it here, so I can give out the rest

edit: 5/15 sent. 10 more peeps will get the link.

Last edited by snappyjones; Oct 24, 2016 at 7:51 pm
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:32 am

invite

Can i get invite
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

8 more people will receive the download link! Much harder to give back than i thought
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Okay, I am curious. In the USA at the moment and looking at a Thanksgiving trip.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by snappyjones
While this may be my first post, I can assure you I've been a member for a long time.
So why does Flyertalk state "Join date: October 2016" next to your post ?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM
I love downloading files and apps from people I have never heard of. Do you have an app for transferring money from Nigerian royalty in the pipeline? That's the one I am waiting for.

Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

6 invites left.

@madbrain as I said, I have been using the forum as a resource for a long time, but I never registered as I didn't contribute anything to the community. I believe I created a valuable resource, thus I am giving an early access to a few people until the app can support more.

@wildbill412007 Hopefully the people that downloaded it can vouch for it However, the app is downloaded directly from the app store and it has gone through a rigorous approval process to get there.

I understand the skepticism, but there's no sketchy links and catches here. Just an awesome travel app in beta, available for a few that want to get it early.

Edit: 5 invites left.
Edit 2: 4 invites left.

Last edited by snappyjones; Oct 26, 2016 at 5:55 pm
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Boo no Android..when will that be coming?

Always interested in trying new things!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by snappyjones
I always thought I would make this big post explaining exactly how to do it, but honestly, I think most people would lose me by the first paragraph.
I sincerely doubt that anything you've come up with would be so complex that members couldn't comprehend it. Anyone who's been around this community for awhile knows the kinds of convoluted things that some folks do and discuss, look at fuel dumping for example.

Why not post your explanation - if people don't want to read it they don't have to...if they don't understand they can ask follow-up questions. Knowing the manual details doesn't mean I might not still be interested in an app to make a process easier/faster.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:18 am
Original Poster

@financialhippie It's in the plans, but not sure when. App development is really time consuming and expensive. The app is free and no one really paid me to develop it, so at the moment money is a bit tight for it. I guess it will depend on how the iOS version goes. But people seem to be excited about the app when they use it, so that's a good sign.

@84fiero Well, I spent the last year developing the app based on the way I think and my process. The app does in seconds what used to take me hours every day to find good deals and for free.

2 more invites left, unfortunately my PM limit is reached, so I may have to wait until tomorrow to send a PM.

Last edited by snappyjones; Oct 28, 2016 at 8:24 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.