Wiki Posts
Search

Ryanair check-in condition change

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Ryanair check-in condition change

Thought I'd make people aware of the email I've received today:

Please note that from 1st November, free online check-in will be available from 4 days to 2 hours ahead of departure. Customers who do not wish to reserve their preferred seat, can check-in online or on the mobile app free of charge between 4 days and 2 hours before departure and will be allocated a random seat. (See T&Cs below).
All Ryanair customers may buy their reserved seat online, both on the Ryanair.com website and mobile app, from the time of booking right up to 2 hours before their scheduled departure, and in turn can check-in online and on the app, from between 30 days and 2 hours before their flight.

This appears to be a three day reduction in the current window, and while I'm guessing that most people here are savvy enough to be able to work out the mobile check-in on short notice and/or find somewhere to run the OLCI BP off, this could easily catch someone off guard that doesn't have an upcoming flight booked and wouldn't have received this, assuming their week break away somewhere could all be booked in at once from home.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:26 am

Annoying. It used to be a month.

Here is the important bit though...

Can you check in for the matching return flight at the same time as the outbound, more than 4 days away?

Their App goes down too often. I couldn't check in or pull up my boarding pass only last week.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Thanks for the info! I'm taking Ryanair from LIS to STN, and was annoyed already as it was 7 days for those who don't want to spend the extra money, and now it's down to 4 days...does anyone know if a screen shot would do as for having to open up the app? Considering the constant reports of crash, I don't want to freak out at the airport....
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Terrible change. Comparable LCCs such as Wizz Air still have 30 day (!) time window and now ryan air has only 4 days. Terrible.

I have really grown to dislike ryanair, and I have really grown to like wizz air, over the past years.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:20 am

Does this effect existing bookings as my confirmation for Nov 6th still shows 30 days on the email.

Poss an admin mistake?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
Does this effect existing bookings as my confirmation for Nov 6th still shows 30 days on the email.

Poss an admin mistake?
Well I received this on account of an existing booking, so...
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by telabadmanwot

Poss an admin mistake?
If you have a 30 day check-in period, then you have a Leisure Plus Fare or you elected to pay for a seat.

The change discussed here applies to Regular Fares only, without a paid seat, which used to have a 7-day check in period.

For all flights on or after 1 November, this will reduce to 4 days.

The change was announced a week ago.

Emails sent before then will not reflect this change.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by elexianyx
Thanks for the info! I'm taking Ryanair from LIS to STN, and was annoyed already as it was 7 days for those who don't want to spend the extra money, and now it's down to 4 days...does anyone know if a screen shot would do as for having to open up the app? Considering the constant reports of crash, I don't want to freak out at the airport....
I can't see much if any problem using a screenshot of the boarding pass. I always take one as a precaution (for any airline, not just Ryanair)

The only problem I had with the Ryanair app was when it was first available, and even then it may have been user error (I was in a mad rush!).
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:07 am

Then again most hotels and hostels have a printer nowadays due to the increase in low costs which require online booking.

I don't like to rely on an airline's app for the mobile boarding pass, but I would safely rely on a screenshot or a PDF.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:33 pm

One can also import the boarding pass into the Passbook, which is more stable than the app. The issue is with non-EU citizens, who need to get a printout of their boarding pass stamped prior to boarding and therefore need a paper printout anyway.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Easyjet has also got the 30 day check in that FR should adapt.

Will not fly Ryanair because of the horror stories and I'm 192cm tall so I wont fit.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Easyjet has also got the 30 day check in that FR should adapt.

Will not fly Ryanair because of the horror stories and I'm 192cm tall so I wont fit.
You can pay up for an emergency exit row seat where you'll fit just fine.

Ryanair pitch is not much worse than easyjet or other comparable budget carriers. Their service is though
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
You can pay up for an emergency exit row seat where you'll fit just fine.

Ryanair pitch is not much worse than easyjet or other comparable budget carriers. Their service is though
That's why full service only. Ryanair is budget airline and when traveling so that ~€20 means a lot more to me on Ryanair vs LH for example.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
That's why full service only. Ryanair is budget airline and when traveling so that ~€20 means a lot more to me on Ryanair vs LH for example.
If you can go full service for only 20 euros more then you should definitely do that. However with Ryan Air I often get prices which are only a fraction of what the full service airlines ask. If Ryanair asks me 30 euros and the full service dont go below 100 then why should I not fly ryan air? Even if youd buy the emergency exit seat youd be better off.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
If you can go full service for only 20 euros more then you should definitely do that. However with Ryan Air I often get prices which are only a fraction of what the full service airlines ask. If Ryanair asks me 30 euros and the full service dont go below 100 then why should I not fly ryan air? Even if youd buy the emergency exit seat youd be better off.
The €20 example was about the exit row seat and I fly full service regardless the price, and should I not afford it I do not travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.