Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Personal item if sitting in 1st row of Spirit Airlines

Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

I bit the bullet and bought a ticket on Spirit IAH-MGA. I upgraded to the BIG FRONT SEAT in row 1. My question is, where does the personal item go if you have no row in front of you? Overhead? Or just bring no personal item at all?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life

Overhead, but make sure you board early so space isn't taken by others

Last edited by mike2200; Mar 6, 2016 at 11:49 am
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA

Overhead for take off and landing
Inbetween those times, it can be on floor next to you
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
My other question, my flight is at 936 PM. Will the check in line be reasonable if there are also flights at 905, 1044, and 1045 if I arrive 3 hours early? I'm thinking of carrying on being that it is the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and spirit has no precheck.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:48 am

FYI,
you can put the personal item in the overhead bin no matter what seat you are sitting in.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Just be very careful putting that personal item in the overhead if it contains a laptop. It's pretty easy for it to get banged around by other passengers trying to fit their stuff in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.