Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

ultimate cheapest travel around world search tool?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb ultimate cheapest travel around world search tool?

I mean I'm planning to travel around the world for one year, not RTW tickets. I'm trying to find the best possible way to plan one-way tickets to destinations from where I'd buy again cheap flights to other destinations. I understand that not always it would be the cheapest.

I know tools like kayak, matrix ITA etc. But I need some directions like: do I have to just search for the biggest airport hubs to get the cheapest flights to say "tropical" destinations? What are the cheapest dates through year for destinations.

Do you know some tools or at least blogs, charts for this problematic?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Skyscanner is your friend...it takes a lot of playing though. The nice thing is you can search open ended. Where are you starting? Type that in and search to "everywhere". Then next flight leaves from there or somewhere nearby, etc.
Have fun! Figuring it out is half the fun imo.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:19 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

Daichovo is right, sky scanner is a good tool. I also try attitudetravel.com and put the country you want to visit and it will list all the low cost airlines flying to that city and country from all over the world. You will have to try this with each leg of your journey. Good luck.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worl
But I need some directions like: do I have to just search for the biggest airport hubs to get the cheapest flights to say "tropical" destinations?
In places like Eu the biggest airport hubs will have the most expensive flights. Ryan has made a business of flying to/from very minor airports. Big airports = big fees & big rents for airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.