Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for cheap LAX - YYZ (Toronto)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Hello FT,

I'm looking for a RT, nonstop flight LAX - YYZ from approximately June 25, 2014 to July 27, 2014. The best prices I could find were about $650 on Kayak; I'm sure you can tell I'm new to this.

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:40 am

That's really the going rate for midsummer, to be honest. I do this route sever times a year as I have family in Toronto. You *might* find something for about $50 bucks less but more than likely it'll just go up from here, so I wouldn't wait too much longer before booking. Remember, the reason the prices are so high is because the international taxes that Canada adds to the fare. An alternative is to fly into BUF and having someone pick you up or renting a car and driving over the Niagra border. It's an easy hour and a half drive, depending on how long it's takes you to clear customs. Good luck.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:47 am

It's the going rate forever :P

Real alternative is to find award seats on Aeroplan or Avios (on AA metal)
Other options of course, fly into BUF RT, or find some hidden-city routes (like LAX-YYZ-YUL?)

In 2012 I flew BUF-DTW-LAX, one-way rental to LAS, LAS-CLE-BUF just to save on the flights
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"An alternative is to fly into BUF and having someone pick you up or renting a car"

Or taking Megabus from BUF Airport to downtown Toronto. @:-)
Old May 3, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
That's actually pretty decent rate...if you are looking for ultra cheapo, hop on a trans-US deal and take the bus or train up from NYC or Philly (wherever the fare is to). That's what I do whenever I have to go to YYZ or YUL. The train ride to YUL next to the Hudson is really a pleasure (and a steal, I think I got it for $110 round trip last summer? and the transcon for $225, coulda been cheaper but I needed certain dates)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.