FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Budget Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel-597/)
-   -   Air Asia Promos in Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel/1498693-air-asia-promos-thailand.html)

abhilife2001 Aug 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Air Asia Promos in Thailand

Hi Folks,

Does Air Asia have any promo fare offers for ticketing anytime in Sept / Oct for travel in Dec ?
Wanted to check out cheap tickets on the Bkk - HKT sector for Dec, and though chances of good offers are low, wanted to know if Air Asia launches some short sales around this period ?

Any past experience will give some sort of possibility ( however remote)..

A

telabadmanwot Sep 2, 2013 7:54 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 21360648)
Hi Folks,

Does Air Asia have any promo fare offers for ticketing anytime in Sept / Oct for travel in Dec ?
Wanted to check out cheap tickets on the Bkk - HKT sector for Dec, and though chances of good offers are low, wanted to know if Air Asia launches some short sales around this period ?

Any past experience will give some sort of possibility ( however remote)..

A

I dont know about December, but I just booked 8 flights with them in November on their last sale (2 weeks ago I think) to be honest it WASNT as cheap as I saw the exact same flights in April, so the sale wasnt brilliant.

I will say that if you do see a sale with AirAsia BOOK IT FAST as their 'Promo' seats sell out insanely quickly.

And if your not used to their extra charges be prepared to add a good chunk extra for card payment fees etc.

abhilife2001 Sep 2, 2013 9:38 am

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot (Post 21376154)
I dont know about December, but I just booked 8 flights with them in November on their last sale (2 weeks ago I think) to be honest it WASNT as cheap as I saw the exact same flights in April, so the sale wasnt brilliant.

I will say that if you do see a sale with AirAsia BOOK IT FAST as their 'Promo' seats sell out insanely quickly.

And if your not used to their extra charges be prepared to add a good chunk extra for card payment fees etc.

yes, I recall the last sale was only 20% off from usual price.. so not such a big deal IMHO..

telabadmanwot Sep 3, 2013 5:04 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 21376622)
yes, I recall the last sale was only 20% off from usual price.. so not such a big deal IMHO..

Yes 20% but if you were fast you got an extra 15% off as they (re)released the already discounted 'promo' fares. As I say, you have to be fast, they sold out in 3hrs on the flights I picked up. I was just lucky I checked them at midnight.

abhilife2001 Sep 3, 2013 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot (Post 21380376)
Yes 20% but if you were fast you got an extra 15% off as they (re)released the already discounted 'promo' fares. As I say, you have to be fast, they sold out in 3hrs on the flights I picked up. I was just lucky I checked them at midnight.

aha..
Hope to be able to catch them the next time..

RustyC Sep 8, 2013 1:36 am

In recent months and years, the booking windows for the really rock-bottom Air Asia sales seem to be going further and further out into the future. They might do a sale, for example, for travel dates fro 3 months to 6 months from now.

It used to be that you could be much closer to your date of travel and still get a deal, but that has become harder to do in recent years. The exception might be certain domestic routes in Thailand like BKK-UBP, as there's a real fight on for those. I prefer Nok Air there, though...not as bad a fee-ing frenzy.

holtju2 Sep 8, 2013 1:48 am

Originally Posted by RustyC (Post 21407026)
In recent months and years, the booking windows for the really rock-bottom Air Asia sales seem to be going further and further out into the future. They might do a sale, for example, for travel dates from 3 months to 6 months from now.

You often see sales that are 8-10 months out! Who can plan THAT much in advance?

EmailKid Sep 8, 2013 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 21407048)
You often see sales that are 8-10 months out! Who can plan THAT much in advance?

Yes, that's been my experience as well :(

But even close in, they tend to be cheaper than other legacy carriers.

EmailKid

whackyjacky Sep 8, 2013 8:13 pm

Fly 'em all the time, but they p*ss me off w/all their 'nickel and diming'. I love how hard it is to unselect trip insurance and paying a 12% surcharge to use a credit or debit card. I wish I wasn't so d*mn cheap & could leave them forever.

Cana2013 Sep 9, 2013 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot (Post 21380376)

Wow! Great deal! Is midnight usually the best time to get the extra?

airwave Sep 10, 2013 3:06 am

Can anyone tell me the place of interest in BKK where we can visit.

travelafrica Sep 10, 2013 6:54 am

Originally Posted by airwave (Post 21418398)

Look up wikitravel.

Flyiboy Sep 10, 2013 9:25 am

Originally Posted by airwave (Post 21418398)

The airport or the city ? :p
Depends on your interest. Maybe this can help

www.timeout.com/bangkok/... great-things-to-do-in-bangkok

Dieuwer Sep 14, 2013 5:30 pm

What's the best seat on an AirAsia plane?

whackyjacky Sep 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2 (Post 21445691)
What's the best seat on an AirAsia plane?

For me, it's a 100B aisle seat rows 7, 8,or 9. I can get off the plane & through immigration quickly. If you check luggage or there is no immigration, row position isn't as important.