Reload this Page >

Air Asia Promos in Thailand

Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hi Folks,

Does Air Asia have any promo fare offers for ticketing anytime in Sept / Oct for travel in Dec ?
Wanted to check out cheap tickets on the Bkk - HKT sector for Dec, and though chances of good offers are low, wanted to know if Air Asia launches some short sales around this period ?

Any past experience will give some sort of possibility ( however remote)..

A
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hi Folks,

Does Air Asia have any promo fare offers for ticketing anytime in Sept / Oct for travel in Dec ?
Wanted to check out cheap tickets on the Bkk - HKT sector for Dec, and though chances of good offers are low, wanted to know if Air Asia launches some short sales around this period ?

Any past experience will give some sort of possibility ( however remote)..

A
I dont know about December, but I just booked 8 flights with them in November on their last sale (2 weeks ago I think) to be honest it WASNT as cheap as I saw the exact same flights in April, so the sale wasnt brilliant.

I will say that if you do see a sale with AirAsia BOOK IT FAST as their 'Promo' seats sell out insanely quickly.

And if your not used to their extra charges be prepared to add a good chunk extra for card payment fees etc.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
I dont know about December, but I just booked 8 flights with them in November on their last sale (2 weeks ago I think) to be honest it WASNT as cheap as I saw the exact same flights in April, so the sale wasnt brilliant.

I will say that if you do see a sale with AirAsia BOOK IT FAST as their 'Promo' seats sell out insanely quickly.

And if your not used to their extra charges be prepared to add a good chunk extra for card payment fees etc.
yes, I recall the last sale was only 20% off from usual price.. so not such a big deal IMHO..
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
yes, I recall the last sale was only 20% off from usual price.. so not such a big deal IMHO..
Yes 20% but if you were fast you got an extra 15% off as they (re)released the already discounted 'promo' fares. As I say, you have to be fast, they sold out in 3hrs on the flights I picked up. I was just lucky I checked them at midnight.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Yes 20% but if you were fast you got an extra 15% off as they (re)released the already discounted 'promo' fares. As I say, you have to be fast, they sold out in 3hrs on the flights I picked up. I was just lucky I checked them at midnight.
aha..
Hope to be able to catch them the next time..
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
In recent months and years, the booking windows for the really rock-bottom Air Asia sales seem to be going further and further out into the future. They might do a sale, for example, for travel dates fro 3 months to 6 months from now.

It used to be that you could be much closer to your date of travel and still get a deal, but that has become harder to do in recent years. The exception might be certain domestic routes in Thailand like BKK-UBP, as there's a real fight on for those. I prefer Nok Air there, though...not as bad a fee-ing frenzy.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by RustyC
In recent months and years, the booking windows for the really rock-bottom Air Asia sales seem to be going further and further out into the future. They might do a sale, for example, for travel dates from 3 months to 6 months from now.
You often see sales that are 8-10 months out! Who can plan THAT much in advance?

Last edited by EmailKid; Sep 8, 2013 at 4:26 pm Reason: HTML Cleanup
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by holtju2
You often see sales that are 8-10 months out! Who can plan THAT much in advance?
Yes, that's been my experience as well

But even close in, they tend to be cheaper than other legacy carriers.

EmailKid
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:13 pm

Fly 'em all the time, but they p*ss me off w/all their 'nickel and diming'. I love how hard it is to unselect trip insurance and paying a 12% surcharge to use a credit or debit card. I wish I wasn't so d*mn cheap & could leave them forever.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Wow! Great deal! Is midnight usually the best time to get the extra?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:06 am

Can anyone tell me the place of interest in BKK where we can visit.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by airwave
Look up wikitravel.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by airwave
The airport or the city ?
Depends on your interest. Maybe this can help

www.timeout.com/bangkok/... great-things-to-do-in-bangkok

Last edited by EmailKid; Sep 10, 2013 at 9:31 am Reason: Make link clickable
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:30 pm
Suspended

What's the best seat on an AirAsia plane?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
What's the best seat on an AirAsia plane?
For me, it's a 100B aisle seat rows 7, 8,or 9. I can get off the plane & through immigration quickly. If you check luggage or there is no immigration, row position isn't as important.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.