HAITI on the Cheap - Recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.

Has anyone tried to do PAP Haiti 'on the cheap?' Specifically, Im looking for recommendations on places to stay / guest houses.

Im a little leary about trying to do this... but that prolly wont deter me much.

Any added info about things to do and places to eat would be appreciated.

TIA.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Are you sure you want to go to port au prince?

It's not a touristic place... In many parts of the city is quite dangerous to walk around, even during the day, and driving around is almost impossible without someone who knows the city..

There are a few hotels left and they're building a new best western in petionville, but there won't be anything to see a part from the life of thousands of people that struggle to live a third world country life..

There are some old hotel outside port au prince on the beach, like the club indigo, but they are far from any "normal" touristic resort..
Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:10 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
All I can say is don't go.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Why are you going?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.