Wiki Posts
Search

Rental Car Fleet Relocation Deals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Rental Car Fleet Relocation Deals

Back in 2010 I found a Thrifty deal for $1 a day rentals (with no drop charge) to move cars from the Pacific northwest to CA/NV/AZ for the winter. It gave me a cheap road trip from SEA to SFO. Basically the rental car companies are giving you the car to save them from having to pay to move them. Four days in a minivan ended up costing me about $40 in taxes.

I'm looking to do a long Easter weekend and am looking for similar. I see Avis is offering $20/day (no drop) for cars picked up in AZ and moved west.

Avis and National are offering $20/day for cars picked up in FL and returned anywhere out of state.

Any other deals out there? Are there any sites that are tracking this already that I have not found?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: None
I've never heard of this. Good to know, though. Thanks. I've never come across a site/service that tracks this. Sorry.

Mike...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every major RAC company in FLA and AZ does this every spring.

If you can't find the offers online, friendly 1-800 CSRs awaits your inquiry.

I'd focus on non-airport pickups. The daily fee may be low, but the fees/taxes could shock you.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:31 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
There's a thread in the Hertz forum about them, not sure if there are in the other rental forums too. Search for drive out deals or something like that, you will find some threads, and also check slickdeals and fatwallet there are some listed there too.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:35 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Every major RAC company in FLA and AZ does this every spring.

If you can't find the offers online, friendly 1-800 CSRs awaits your inquiry.
Indeed.

Seen this written about in the days before internet, so it's been around for a while.

EmailKid
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:56 pm

Have a look at http://www.standbyrelocs.com/

I just did a 7 day Alice Springs - Sydney via Kings Canyon and Uluru/Ayers Rock 6 berth motor home relocation at $5/day through dust storms, locust plagues and flooded rivers. 3825km and they even contributed $310 to my fuel costs (which totalled over $1200 )
As you will see on the website they have US,NZ and Oz rentals with Canada promised soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.