Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

AirAsia Baggage (Check in and hand carry)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:48 am
Original Poster

I purchased a 30 kgs supersize baggage, am I allowed to check in more than one luggage provided it does not over the 30kgs limit?

I purchased seat 1A which is the most front row of seat, meaning there will be no seat in front of me and there will be no underseat. Under this circumstances, am I still allowed to hand carry two piece of items into the cabin (one bag and one laptop/camera bag). From what I read in other website, they said that because there is no underseat available, it means that I will not be able to hold on to my 2nd piece of item during takeoff/landing. Is that true?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by noelcwt
I purchased a 30 kgs supersize baggage, am I allowed to check in more than one luggage provided it does not over the 30kgs limit?

I purchased seat 1A which is the most front row of seat, meaning there will be no seat in front of me and there will be no underseat. Under this circumstances, am I still allowed to hand carry two piece of items into the cabin (one bag and one laptop/camera bag). From what I read in other website, they said that because there is no underseat available, it means that I will not be able to hold on to my 2nd piece of item during takeoff/landing. Is that true?
the luggage allowance you purchased is for one bag only weighing up to 30kg you cannot split it up to multiple bags adding up to 30kg... even legacy airlines don't let you do this... (though some legacy airlines allow you to take two bags with a combined weight of 46kg whereas others make sure you split it evenly at 23kg each bag)

Seat 1A is basically emergency exit row on many of the Air Asia planes as some planes don't have a divider separating you from the flight attendants facing you. However you can store your luggage in the overhead bin. While Air Asia does have 1 carry on bag policy, I have seen people carry on a bag + a personal item like a laptop. How you succeed doing that depends on your own luck.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite SPG Gold
The 30kg you paid for is the total weight for all suitcases you check in, there is no limit. From their website:

You can pre-book up to 30 kgs per guest. Please be advised that there is no limit of number of baggage to be checked in as long as the total weight does not exceed the prebooked weight and if it exceeds the prebooked baggage weight, every kilo after will be excess baggage.

You should have no problem bringing your 7kg cabin baggage plus handbag/laptop bag (as per AirAsia's carry on rules). Plus you get to board first so the bins won't be full by the time you take your seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.