Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring Break!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Spring Break!!!

So my roommates and I are trying to plan spring break. We're going to book through StudentCity because they set you up with bracelets to the clubs, help you out while you're away, because they have ppl that actually go on the trips too. Plus they're giving $50 off international trips, which isn't a ton but better than nothing. Sooo we can't decide where to go..... it's down to Punta Cana, Negril, Nassau Bahamas, or a Bahama Cruise. Any opinions??
StudentCity $50 off
Old Oct 28, 2011, 2:14 pm

I went to Bahamas when I was in High School, it was beautiful and fun but I've always wanted to do a cruise. What cruise line is it with?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Looks like the cruise takes you from miami to bahamas then you stay in bahamas for for 4 nights and then take the cruise back. Not exactly what I was thinking so I think I'll cross that one off the list. Any more suggestions from the FT community?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:30 pm

delete

Last edited by jasonkevin77; Aug 16, 2019 at 9:55 am Reason: delete
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Originally Posted by jasonkevin77
Having gone to Mexico several times with both girlfriends and friends during spring break I highly recommend Cancun / Mayan Rivera. You will not be disappointed. Relatively inexpensive (~$1200 for a week), safe and warm.

I recommend you stay away from middle men (i.e. Student City) and book an all inclusive trip on your own via Orbitz or Expedia. It will be much cheaper and virtually all major resorts have a party crew that can take you out to the big clubs (The City, Daddy Os, Coco Bongo...etc). Cover in each of these places range around $35-$50 pp (all you can drink).

If Mexico isnt your thing, I say Punta Cana for #2 choice.

This is what we did last year by not booking through Student City. Most of the resorts have buses that take you to the clubs and give you the wrist bands beforehand so you can walk in. Studentcity is going to cost a bit for the convenience though. I prefer orbitz.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:18 am

I had a blast with Studentcity in Cancun 2 years ago... we did like a greek trip with my sorority and another frat and we had a big group going on. They had great parties palnned for us it was sweet
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Does StudentCity pick the hotel for you with their packages or do you have options?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by slackinormackin
Go to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!! Amazing experience. El squid roe. Enough said
I just went to Cabo! Beautiful!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Guys, all interesting answers, but this is clearly an advert (see previous posts of the OP).
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: *Wood Platinum, AA Platium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Guys, all interesting answers, but this is clearly an advert (see previous posts of the OP).
Oh. Well, this thread has actually helped me. I'm planning a trip for March but am still debating between many of these same places. I've already gone to Cabo but am leaning toward Nassau.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:31 am

you can STILL book your trip!!

if you plan on going on spring break, do it fast!!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: AA PLAT
cancun for sure... time of your life

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.