FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Budget Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel-597/)
-   -   Cheap, decent hotels around BWI in Maryland? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel/1202529-cheap-decent-hotels-around-bwi-maryland.html)

Slappindabass88 Apr 6, 2011 2:41 am

Cheap, decent hotels around BWI in Maryland?

Need some help on this one.

I'll be flying into Maryland from Orlando over May 2-5 and am looking for a decent, cheap place to stay. My family's military, so we don't have much to work with, but I'm trying to do what I can.

Anyone have any recommendations for hotels around BWI that are pretty cheap, but not going to leave me with various undiscovered bacteria? I've searched on Expedia/Hotels/Orbitz, etc. but there's not much that doesn't have great reviews coupled with AWFUL horror stories.

Any tips would help!

Frenchie Flyer Apr 6, 2011 10:55 pm

I've used Priceline there. You could check on Biddingfortravel or Betterbidding (they also cover Hotwire) and see what folks are getting. Hotwire has the option to choose the number of beds I believe...helpful with family. Then check tripadvisor and see what the reviews are. Check the DiscoverAmerica deals coming up next week as well.

Good luck and welcome to FlyerTalk.

jg3 Apr 10, 2011 11:00 am

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn near BWI a couple of times. Standard HGI, I think one night last year I got it for like 50 a night. And if you are military you should be able to get the government rate on the room, that should help bring the cost down.

MIT_SBM Apr 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jg3 (Post 16193272)
I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn near BWI a couple of times. Standard HGI, I think one night last year I got it for like 50 a night. And if you are military you should be able to get the government rate on the room, that should help bring the cost down.

I wholeheartedly agree that you should check the Government rate and Military rate but you should always check to the hotel's other rates as well because many times the Government rate is NOT cheaper than some other rate(s) that the hotel has on offer.

ihispanic Apr 11, 2011 4:55 am

I live just outside of Baltimore and stayed at a hotel near BWI for a wedding south of there. I think the wedding party stayed at the Hilton, but I wasn't taken with the rate, so I used Priceline to snag a cheap room at the Holiday Inn (or somewhere similar). It wasn't anything impressive - and not as clean as I'd prefer. But, it was fine for a night.

My opinion, if you can't find any good recommendations, you might as well go with Priceline (or Hotwire) and save money on whatever you get. If you need some hand-holding, here's a Priceline "Name Your Own Price" how-to.

Mike....