FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Budget Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel-597/)
-   -   Vomiting in a low fare airline (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel/1099110-vomiting-low-fare-airline.html)

daniel-andersson Jun 25, 2010 12:23 am

Vomiting in a low fare airline

Hi!

I noticed that Ryanair have removed the brochure holder and vomit bags in their planes. So I was wondering what happen if they get into a real turbulence area and people start to vomit? Would the passenger have to pay?

Me myself need several G to vomit since I have been flying sailplanes but I have also a limit. I know that Ryanair doesn't fly over some turbulence areas (such as the Philippines) but the chance of big turbulence still exist. Does anyone know, if they would hand out the bags in that case? Would be funny if everyone would have to hold a bag (since there are no pockets to put them in.)

Carolinian Jun 25, 2010 2:43 am

They will probably have bags for sale in that instance.

BLI-Flyer Jun 25, 2010 11:33 am

They also might be planning to sell clean-up kits, extra changes of clothes, and air freshener for nearby passengers. This could be quite the profit center.

mrx900 Jun 25, 2010 12:37 pm

byobb

cundall Jun 25, 2010 12:55 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...sick-bags.html

daniel-andersson Jun 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Hehe,

Soon they will take screaming babies for free and at the same time sell expensive ear plugs.

Goldiemom Jul 9, 2010 11:02 pm

Remind me if I fly them to sit in an isle seat and aim for the isle. I would think if the FA's had to help clean up, a barf bag would be forthcoming. Then again, maybe they would make me pay for a bag and clean it up myself.

abhilife2001 Jul 13, 2010 3:10 am

Not that I support many of the activities of LCC's like Ryan air, but I feel its better that we hv companies like them whi are willing to share each and every cost openly and giving us an option to take it or leave it, than many of the full fledged carriers who just fudge and hide things..aka, fuel surcharge, congestion charge etc..
Atleast Ryan air gives us an option to choose or not...and we will be aware of the total flight cost before booking.. if the cost is nearer to cost of a full service carrier or even only 25% lower, they know and we are sure none of us will book with them..

pinworm Jul 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by daniel-andersson (Post 14192087)
Hi!

I noticed that Ryanair have removed the brochure holder and vomit bags in their planes. So I was wondering what happen if they get into a real turbulence area and people start to vomit? Would the passenger have to pay?

Me myself need several G to vomit since I have been flying sailplanes but I have also a limit. I know that Ryanair doesn't fly over some turbulence areas (such as the Philippines) but the chance of big turbulence still exist. Does anyone know, if they would hand out the bags in that case? Would be funny if everyone would have to hold a bag (since there are no pockets to put them in.)

Frequent Flier Tip...carry your own bag! I have been airsick a few times, only vomitted once and made it to wc in the terminal...but I snagged a sick bag on some flight a while back and keep it in my carry on. Just in case. I find many times that the bag is missing.

jujubean71 Jul 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Carolinian (Post 14192436)
They will probably have bags for sale in that instance.

ha!

I've flown many times when a bag hasn't been in the pocket. Now that I think of it, I guess I thought they went the way of pillows.

Thankfully I haven't needed one. Yet.

abhilife2001 Jul 16, 2010 3:13 am

Originally Posted by pinworm (Post 14307061)
Frequent Flier Tip...carry your own bag!

+1