Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Can I use pre-paid checked baggage for member of party not travelling?

Old Mar 24, 10, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Silver, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott- lifetime Gold

I booked flights for Easter with Ryanair, including a suitcase to be checked into the hold. One of the party now cannot fly, but unfortunately I booked the checked case under their name.

Can I make use of the checked baggage for another member of my party? It is a single booking reference with 3 in the party. The person not travelling accepts that they've lost the cost of their ticket, but I'm loathe to waste the fees already paid for the hold baggage.

I would hate to turn up with a hold case and then told I have to pay an extortianate fee!

I cannot find any reference to this scenario on any of the budget airline FAQs, so would welcome some guidance.
Old Mar 24, 10, 6:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
talk to the airline....good luck...
Old Mar 24, 10, 6:58 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue this discussion in the FT Budget Travel Forum. Welcome to Flyertalk.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 24, 10, 8:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
No, you can't. The allowance is non-transferable on Ryanair.
Old Mar 25, 10, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, Hilton Honors
Probably would not be able to with any carrier. The payment is connected to the name and only comes up when a tag is printed under that passengers name. You just can not make the payment show up under a different name.
Old Mar 29, 10, 8:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by pastie321 View Post
I booked flights for Easter with Ryanair, including a suitcase to be checked into the hold. One of the party now cannot fly, but unfortunately I booked the checked case under their name.

Can I make use of the checked baggage for another member of my party? It is a single booking reference with 3 in the party. The person not travelling accepts that they've lost the cost of their ticket, but I'm loathe to waste the fees already paid for the hold baggage.
Ryanair being Ryanair, I would expect the answer to be no - it is part of that person's booking and so is all forfeit.

Neil

Search this Thread
Search Engine: