Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Help with easy jet check in please!

Help with easy jet check in please!

Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Smile Help with easy jet check in please!

Hi, Im travelling on a flight with 3 children in two weeks and am panicing slightly. Need someone to pull me back on course!! i book through an online company and they have emailed me various bits and pieces. i have a booking reference number for was easyjet, is this all i need when i get to the airport?? other than the obvious passport etc. if i give that number to them, (all flight details are correct etc) will they just take my hold bags and give me a boarding pass and thats it job done? also im flying at 6.10am. how soon should i get to the airport (stansted, london) to allow time to walk (as i seem to recall they are generally quite huge!) also do you not get flight numbers in advance? im so confused...i hope all you experienced flyers can help me.

thanks
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:06 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Hello kentishless, and welcome to flyertalk!

If you have an easyJet reference number, then I would recommend checking in online. You can do this by clicking here and scrolling down to the bottom where the 'online check-in' pane is located. Enter your reference and name, and you'll get the full flight details, and option to check in online.

If you do this, then you can print off boarding passes at home, which will be scanned (as a normal boarding pass) at the airport. If you have luggage to check in, you will need to pay extra - this is cheaper if you pay in advance when you check in online. Then when you get to the airport, just go to the bag drop counter and give them your printed boarding pass.

(If you don't easyJet may charge you for checking in at the airport. I can't remember if they do or not...)

Stansted is quite a well-designed airport, but can have long security queues, particularly at 6am when a lot of budget flights depart - and if you're not at the gate 25 minutes before departure, easyJet will turn you away - they're very strict on this. 2 hours will be safe, although 90 minutes will be easily doable, and if you're down to an hour, you might be a little stressed, but you'll get there.

(Incidentally, check-in and security at Stansted tends to have peaks just after the Stansted Express arrives. If you can time it between these peaks - just have a coffee at Costa - you can make your life a lot easier...)

At boarding time, you may get priority, depending on the age of your children - it's worth checking out. You don't get pre-allocated seats, it's first come first served, and children won't be allowed the front or emergency exit rows. Be there early (you may have to queue at the gate) to be sure you're seated together.

Finally, make sure you have photo ID for everybody, children included, even if it's a domestic flight. Again, you will not be allowed to travel if you don't have it.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I'm afraid I'm going to contradict stut. With easyJet, you cannot do OLCI with bags - it's for hand baggage only I'm afraid You do need to go check-in at the airport.

You are right, you only need that reference number and photo id to be able to check in. However, if you are checking bags, he's right, you will need to pay for them and it's cheaper to do so in advance - you can log into your reservation on easyjet.com using that booking reference number and your surname to access the booking and make any changes you need to. You'll also need to reserve Special Assistance in advance as well on the website if you wish to board early because you have small children. You'll be able to see the flight numbers on the EZ website - yes, they do have flight numbers already assigned.

EZ operations at their hubs are usually quite swift moving - they tend to have a big bank of desks at which anyone can check in, so the bottle neck is more likely to be security than check-in. It's years since I flew from STN, so not much advice I can give there!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:56 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Oh, yes, you're absolutely right. I was confusing my last flyBe flight with easyJet. Well, you know, all this mid-word capitalisation.

kentishlass, listen to Jenbel!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:18 am
Original Poster

thank you for your help! i went to the check in page and realised i have hold luggage so not to check in. I have paid Ł16 for each bag so i think that is it!! it just seemed so weird having just a number but then i havent flown for 6 years. im sure we will be fine but thanks for clarifying everything and stopping a single mum panicing!! cheers :-)
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:56 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Budget Travel Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by kentishlass
thank you for your help! i went to the check in page and realised i have hold luggage so not to check in. I have paid Ł16 for each bag so i think that is it!! it just seemed so weird having just a number but then i havent flown for 6 years. im sure we will be fine but thanks for clarifying everything and stopping a single mum panicing!! cheers :-)
Easyjet calls checkin baggage as hold luggage (as it goes in plane's hold) and you need to pay for it. You don't have to pay for hand baggage (or carry on baggage).
Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:10 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Q re OLCI on EasyJet

I have purchased 20kg luggage with EasyJet; now I've noticed that easyJet has no weight restriction on hand luggage as long as you can lift it into the space above your seat....I also note that you can only do OLCI if you have hand lugagge only What would happen if I did OLCI, planning to take hand luggage only, but then bought a few too many things, can I then go to the check in counter, having done OLCI, and check my 20 kg of luggage in? or will EasyJet frown on this?!
thanks in advance!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jenbel
I'm afraid I'm going to contradict stut. With easyJet, you cannot do OLCI with bags - it's for hand baggage only I'm afraid You do need to go check-in at the airport.
Just an update on this. You CAN OLCI with bags with Easyjet and, at some locations at any rate, they do have baggage drop desks distinct from the general check-in desks. I barely ever travel with hold luggage with Easyjet so I do not know since when this is possible but we were able last month, having OLCI'd, to drop our case at the baggage drop counter in LYS. There was no re-check-in involved (i.e. no new BP printed).
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by NickB
Just an update on this. You CAN OLCI with bags with Easyjet and, at some locations at any rate, they do have baggage drop desks distinct from the general check-in desks. I barely ever travel with hold luggage with Easyjet so I do not know since when this is possible but we were able last month, having OLCI'd, to drop our case at the baggage drop counter in LYS. There was no re-check-in involved (i.e. no new BP printed).
I believe this is available everywhere now, but is not well publicised, the result of which is that the bag drop desk queues are usually short. It only changed in the last year or so, though.

Neil
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by stut
Finally, make sure you have photo ID for everybody, children included, even if it's a domestic flight. Again, you will not be allowed to travel if you don't have it.
I have read that you need photo id on the easyjet site, is this passports? they are the only photo id we have.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Yes, passports will do just fine. It's either that or the national card for any EU country. IIRC they don't accept driver's licenses or residence cards.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 4:20 pm

Some help please...

We're planning to visit Rome next month through easyjet. However, I have some worries on our return flight. The time of our flight is 7am. The Leonardo Express departs from Rome Termini at 5:52am and arrives at the airport at 6:23am. Will it still be advisable to take the train or should I consider other transpo means which will bring us earlier. Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:53 am

Easyjet check-in / bag drop closes 40 minutes before the flight so arriving at 6:23am for a 7:00am flight means you won't be able to check-in or do a bag drop. And given security checks these days I'd be worried about getting through them in time to board even if I only had hand luggage
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:09 am

Thanks for the reply there. We won't be checking in any bags, only handcarry's. We're planning to sleep there overnight or look for a cheap hostel near the airport (appreciate it if you know one). Aside from Leonardo express, are there other trains that travel there? We want to make sure we won't be missing the flight. Any suggestions will be a big help. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.