Odor Free Cars

Old Sep 2, 09, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
Odor Free Cars

Budget sent me the following note today. I am confused as they share their fleet with Avis. I am also confused as they say the car will be odor free. Will there be no perfumes or colognes allowed, no spills of any kind, no bad-smelling food?

We’re constantly looking for ways to make renting from Budget a smart choice. And beginning next month we’re adding a new one: a 100% smoke-free fleet.

Our new smoke-free fleet policy will go into effect as of October 1st for our entire fleet. Every make. Every model. You’ll find a sticker on every vehicle to identify it as smoke-free.

We’re excited about this change because it means a fresh, clean, odor-free vehicle every time you rent from us. In fact, we’ve created a new inspection process and cleaning fee (up to $250 if the vehicle is returned and it smells of smoke) just to guarantee that your vehicle really is clean and smoke-free.

A smoke-free fleet. It’s coming this fall. It’s not only a smart idea — it’s a breath of fresh air from Budget.
Old Sep 3, 09, 11:12 am

Programs: WN RR (Informed Kettle)
Oh, boy...another charge where the criteria is one person's opinion... "up to $250 if the vehicle is returned and it smells of smoke."

What's going to stop them from NOT cleaning the smell out then just charging the next person to return the car too?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: