Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed charge for tolls?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, american, alaska
Delayed charge for tolls?

I rented a car with Budget in Denver in June. The cars there have a transponder for the toll road (E-470) which I used driving from DIA to Lafayette. They charged me $7.00 for the tolls which showed up on my credit card at the same time that the rental itself did.

By the way, as far as I can tell from the E-470 web site, the tolls should have been $6.50 but it's a bit late to quibble over that.

Now, 4 odd months later, I got a credit card charge from Budget for $2.50 in tolls. I haven't rented a car with Budget since then (and, in fact, for other reasons am unlikely to do so). I'm taking this up with my credit card company, but I'm wondering if anybody else has had this happen.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mhnadel
I rented a car with Budget in Denver in June. The cars there have a transponder for the toll road (E-470) which I used driving from DIA to Lafayette. They charged me $7.00 for the tolls which showed up on my credit card at the same time that the rental itself did.

By the way, as far as I can tell from the E-470 web site, the tolls should have been $6.50 but it's a bit late to quibble over that.

Now, 4 odd months later, I got a credit card charge from Budget for $2.50 in tolls. I haven't rented a car with Budget since then (and, in fact, for other reasons am unlikely to do so). I'm taking this up with my credit card company, but I'm wondering if anybody else has had this happen.
The toll transponders are managed by the NTA or some private firm. They are big crooks. They will charge you anything they want. Till todate I have not been able to calculate how they come to those amounts. I just dispute them with my CC company and they take care of it.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:12 am

Programs: Worldperks Silver, Dividend Miles Silver, Rapid Rewards
I know when I was in Orlando I was charged the toll + "Administrative fees" that may explain your extra amounts.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by theacendahole
I know when I was in Orlando I was charged the toll + "Administrative fees" that may explain your extra amounts.
But why would they wait 4 months to charge the "administrative fee?"
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: Worldperks Silver, Dividend Miles Silver, Rapid Rewards
4 months is a very long time. Maybe they forgot to charge the admin fee at first. I wasnt charged for the tolls at the time of the rental but 2 weeks later I got a bill/cc charge for $5 or 6 bucks for tolls. Then 4 days later another. Then a week later a final charge. The number of tolls was accurate but each bill had its own admin fee. I wondered if they had split it up to collect more money but I was told it was split up by the days I ran the tolls ( 3/10 -2 tolls 3/11-1 tolls ect.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.