Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget/ DL big bonuses are back!

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow Budget/ DL big bonuses are back!

3K for 2 days; 4K for >= 3 days!
Exp. 12-31-2008.
Old May 7, 2008, 9:35 pm

No cap on number of uses per account? This will easily move most of my rentals to the year to budget.
Old May 8, 2008, 5:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Never mind... I was thinking of the Avis 5000 for 4 days promo that is good until Dec 31st.
Old May 15, 2008, 2:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by srodr
Never mind... I was thinking of the Avis 5000 for 4 days promo that is good until Dec 31st.
OK, I believe I've looked everywhere and I don't find this. I saw where you described a scratch card that gave the DL miles through June 30th. If it being Avis would be OT here, would you please point to the code or post it on the Avis board or PM me? Thank you.
Old May 15, 2008, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Avis bonuses:

MUAA078 = 2500 bonus on 3 days;
MUAA082 = 5K bonus on >= 4 days.

T&Cs allow only AWD# K817600, DL SkyMiles discount.

Last edited by Brendan; May 29, 2008 at 5:22 pm Reason: Clarity
Old May 15, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Thank you.

Last edited by Firewind; May 15, 2008 at 7:14 pm Reason: OT content
Old May 19, 2008, 12:34 am

What is the AWD to use with those coupons? The page you linked says they "cannot be used with any other AWD number", but doesn't give an AWD. Or does it matter -- e.g., can I use the one I usually use in my profile, or leave it blank? (No AWD leaves it pretty expensive.) Thanks again.
Old May 23, 2008, 12:32 pm

Thumbs down

I nver got the points I was promised from Budget on the last 5,000 point bonus!!
Old May 29, 2008, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA CO
Originally Posted by William Fikes
I nver got the points I was promised from Budget on the last 5,000 point bonus!!
I was supposed to get a 9,999 mile bonus from Budget from a car rental in Dec 2007. I have e-mailed them and sent copies of the receipts 5 times. I finally had to send a complaint to the BBB. If that doesn't work, the only recourse I have left is the district attorney's office. These people aren't to be trusted in my opinion.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:39 am

Programs: Diamond Delta, Delta 3 million miler, Lifetime Diamond HH, Hertz Presidents
I stopped using Budget.
Rented a car in LAS specifically for the 5000 DL mile promotion (paid a little more on the rate). After not receiving my miles a month later, I called Budget and they stated that this was not a participating location. How was I supposed to know that when I booked. I'm not taking a chance anymore, and use Avis for all my rentals.
I also contacted the PM desk at DL and let them know they should pick their partners better.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by APFMIKE
I stopped using Budget.
Rented a car in LAS specifically for the 5000 DL mile promotion (paid a little more on the rate). After not receiving my miles a month later, I called Budget and they stated that this was not a participating location. How was I supposed to know that when I booked. I'm not taking a chance anymore, and use Avis for all my rentals.
I also contacted the PM desk at DL and let them know they should pick their partners better.
About 10 days after sending my complaint to the BBB, I finally got the 9,999 mile bonus from Budget in my Continental Airlines account. You have the read ALL the fine print on those promotions (especially the ones that offer big miles). I remember on my offer it said that it was only valid at airports in Florida. By the way, Budget and Avis are the same company now (even though they keep the brand names separate).
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
What about Hawaii?

Originally Posted by Brendan
Avis bonuses:

MUAA078 = 2500 bonus on 3 days;
MUAA082 = 5K bonus on >= 4 days.

T&Cs allow only AWD# K817600, DL SkyMiles discount.
Are these discounts good in Hawaii? THe terms a a bit vague on this?

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2008, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by sanFF
Are these discounts good in Hawaii? THe terms a a bit vague on this?

Thanks
No, it is not valid in Hawaii. Read the terms and conditions for the offer and it states: "in the contiguous United States". Hawaii is an island, so it's not part of the contiguous United States. Neither is Alaska. So the deal won't work there unfortunately.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Hmmm, $19 discount, .5 WN credit or 4000 DL miles, I think I'll take the miles (though it's a tough call given DL's award inventory).

Thanks for posting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.