Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget clears out all loyalty accounts again

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:20 pm

Does anyone understand the 'free day' coupon rules? If I had two could I use them both for a single two day rental?

I'm afraid that they will give us these one day certs that can't be combined making them almost useless.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 4:20 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I stopped using Budget the minute they tried to charge me higher rates when I logged into their website, than when I went in as a guest. Charge me more for my loyalty?!!?, forget you Budget. Thanks to the OP for stating Budget's history of starting/stopping.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 8:07 am

Me too

I got the letter, also. I had already decided to move when, first they devalued the points, then at the same time limited those locations that even gave points. I had been saving for the Tumi computer bag, at around 11,000 points. I had hit just over 7,000 and had several rentals that hadn't credited. As I rent weekly, it hadn't taken long to build up quite a list that I called about. I was told...that location doesn’t honor the program, that location doesn’t' honor the program, that location doesn't honor the program...until I was tired of it. All in all, about 3000 points. When I asked how I would know, in advance, which locations were not a part of the program, she pointed me to some obscure place on the website, that had to accessed through the terms and conditions area, two links later. While legally and technically correct (they have listed the locations), morally and ethically, they screwed up. I had never, in the past, not been given points at all of the Budget locations that I had used, including some of the ones that were now on the "That location doesn't honor the program" list. I explained my frustration to the rep, but too bad. I asked if she could spell "Hertz", but she didn't seem to have any appreciation for my comment.
At that point, I decided to only use budget on my longer-term rentals, at locations where I was certain that they gave points, in order to try to gather enough points for the Tumi bag.
In that short time, I have given Hertz 14 rentals, and earned 5-star status. I'll be President's Circle by summer. Once I got the letter, it was clear that Budget didn't even deserve a few additional rentals, and my wife will be getting a new food processor. Not a Tumi bag, but at least it's something.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:45 am

Other car rental programs?

I too have used Budget for many years and really liked the awards program. Are you aware of other car rental companies with a program similar to Budgets?

Originally Posted by TRVLRZ
After over 15 years with Budget (and only Budget because I was a point hound), many free rentals,Tumi articles, golf clubs, spa visits for my wife and free parking certs I left last September for Hertz and they gave me Gold right from the start.

I honestly felt bad for Budget employee's when I got my letter yesterday. It must really suck to work there knowing that when Cendant purchased them they were finally being driven into oblivion. I got a chance to know quite a few of them through the years and was always given free upgrades.
From talking with them, I have heard a lot of stories of high turnover, bad employee relations and very low morale.

Their ?Phasing out Perfect Drive? is a prime example of a once good company with an eye towards promoting customer loyalty die a slow death. It looks like the powers that be have finally brought Budget down to Avis's level. I always hoped it would be the opposite. (Cendant owns Budget and Avis. They even share counters at a lot of airports. )

I have a little over 10,000 points left that I have to use by April 15th. I think I?ll get a few Specialty Prime weekends.
Old May 14, 2005, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by usflyer999
I got the letter, also. I had already decided to move when, first they devalued the points, then at the same time limited those locations that even gave points. I had been saving for the Tumi computer bag, at around 11,000 points. I had hit just over 7,000 and had several rentals that hadn't credited. As I rent weekly, it hadn't taken long to build up quite a list that I called about. I was told...that location doesn’t honor the program, that location doesn’t' honor the program, that location doesn't honor the program...until I was tired of it. All in all, about 3000 points. When I asked how I would know, in advance, which locations were not a part of the program, she pointed me to some obscure place on the website, that had to accessed through the terms and conditions area, two links later. While legally and technically correct (they have listed the locations), morally and ethically, they screwed up. I had never, in the past, not been given points at all of the Budget locations that I had used, including some of the ones that were now on the "That location doesn't honor the program" list. I explained my frustration to the rep, but too bad. I asked if she could spell "Hertz", but she didn't seem to have any appreciation for my comment.
At that point, I decided to only use budget on my longer-term rentals, at locations where I was certain that they gave points, in order to try to gather enough points for the Tumi bag.
In that short time, I have given Hertz 14 rentals, and earned 5-star status. I'll be President's Circle by summer. Once I got the letter, it was clear that Budget didn't even deserve a few additional rentals, and my wife will be getting a new food processor. Not a Tumi bag, but at least it's something.
I got my Cuisinart convection oven a few weeks ago. The oven is great although ALOT of points.
Old May 16, 2005, 10:05 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I too have used Budget for many years and really liked the awards program. Are you aware of other car rental companies with a program similar to Budgets?
I'm currently booking Hertz through the airtran.com website. The prices are actually quite competitive (even for Hertz) and you get 2 AirTran credits/rental.

4 rentals = 1 free one-way AirTran flight (even better than the old Budget stamp cards...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.